Rogue Trader Space Marines

Shaitan

These guys were done about 7 years ago. No chapter name for them as yet but need to get on with doing some more of them. Plenty still to do.

20131226_112900-1.jpg

20131226_113141-1.jpg

20131226_111107-1.jpg

20131226_110857-1.jpg

20131226_113023-1.jpg

20131226_113430-1.jpg

20131226_113550-1.jpg

20131226_113743-1.jpg

20131226_110201-1.jpg

20131226_113255-1.jpg

Nice, proper old school, love the way you do your helmet stripes, I've been doing mine all the way across the helmet to the back, but I like the way the short ones look one yours, might have to steal that idea and do a few that way

They look really cool. Gotta love the character of them. Agree on the helmet stripes being awesome. Is the chapter called "The Iron Patriots" by any chance :grin: ?

Vyper

Love it, those faces look excellent - really expressive.

I absolutely lost it at the assault marine with the halberd though, what an amazing sculpt!

Shaitan

Cheers guys. I've always done the stripe thing on the helmets ever since I bought the Space Marine plastic box set. Yeah, that Ordo Malleus Demon Hunter makes a good army commander. Just ended up giving him some normal terminator arms.
Always thought they looked a bit Christmasy with that dark green.

Shaitan

Yeah, the assault marine is a good fig, Vyper. Always loved the weapon. Mark Copplestone was great at giving so much character to his faces.

Mate those are f**king awesome.

I love seeing a top paint job on classic models. Also good to see a few hexagonal bases!!

Coopdevil

Mark Copplestone was great at giving so much character to his faces

I have a suspicion that was because he couldn't do beakie helmets. A very large proportion of his RT-era Marines are bare-headed and those that aren't have weirdly proportioned helmets.

Coop

Shaitan

Glad you like them, Legiocustedes. Not enough examples out there of these guys painted from what I can see. Such a great range. I gave hex bases to all officers and NCO's. Gotta love 'em. Most of my figs get them these days.

Think I preferred Copplestone's marines over Aly Morrison's - just.

Suber

Great, great work there, love the vibe of them. I concur, the stripes definitely give them the perfect touch :) .

Shaitan

Have a few more done this week. Really got back into these guys in a big way. Full steam ahead and I'm aiming to get the whole army done now. I may need another Go Fasta Red for that though. :/

20140701_173525-1.jpg

The medics make good assault troops after a bit of filing of shoulder pad and helmet.

Jonas

Great stuff!!!

There is just so much awesome and character to these models and your paintjobs are fitting perfectly!

Shaitan

Thanks Jonas. I agree that they are full of character. Arguably the most character out of any Citadel range - which is saying a lot.

Back