Classic Sisters of Battle Standard Bearers

So this week I decided to bolster my Battle Sisters Force with some Classic Imagifiers. These banner Bearers have the dual benefit of looking pretty cool and also making nearby sisters far more effective.

Peym6EJ.jpg

I am planning to refight the old White Dwarf Battle report of the Battle at Sanctuary 101 and so I am steadily building up both Adepta Sororitas and Necron forces for the encounter!!

symphonicpoet

All this Sisters of Battle stuff is tweaking my immagination. I live a few blocks from a quite old convent (by New World standards, anyway) with many Fleur de Lis festooned about it (like everything else in town). And as I understand it a couple of dead French kids in fancy glass boxes. Somehow you make those nuns seem much more . . . dangerous. Okay, they do have dead French kids on display. That's already pretty ominous. But imagining them with very large guns and spikey bits? They've got the skullz. They just need more spikey bits. Anyway . . . lovely paint jobs there. Interesting miniatures. Curious to see them en masse.

And points for getting me to try to make out the lorem ipsum, by the way. I can't, beyond seeing that they match. VERY nicely done!

Cheers guys!! I’ll try to get a full army shot at some point!

The text is actually from the 2002 Witchhunters/ Sisters of Battle transfer sheets! But liberal quantities of micro-sol and micro-set really blend it in!

symphonicpoet

Now you really are starting to remind me of the nuns down the street!

Here's one of their French kids, should you feel like adding detail:

csjrelic2.jpg

They haven't carried them into battle . . . yet. At least not so far as I'm aware.

symphonicpoet

In miniature that's actually not a bad idea. They'd make a good model for a chapter. I'm led to understand they're kind of militant already. Not directly familiar, but when people keep that many dead saints down the street (they have seven complete I'm told) people start to take notice. And of course the chapterhouse is large, looming, and at least slightly fortified. (Very slightly. Low stone walls, iron fences, and inward facing monastic structure grade stuff. Nothing intended to face serious assault, but in a pinch it would probably be enough to ward off angry villagers.) Anyway, interesting project.

Back