Inchmurrin's Monopose chaos dwarf gallery

inchmurrin

I recently posted a chaos dwarf conversion based on a plastic monopose chaos warrior and suggested it might be interesting to try others and inspired by Gallivantes one's at http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8794.
After some prompting I decided to give it a go having done two already the chaos warrior

1014275311_o.jpg

and this walking head whose base is a goblin

912151793_o.jpg

So I set myself a rule that each chaos dwarf mustn't have a dwarf as it's base figure, dwarf bits only for instance heads and be based on a plastic monopose oldhammer period figure. Off we go then. I'll post a picture of the unpainted figure and then when I get round to it the finished model.

First up a simple variation on the chaos warrior the one from Heroquest

1018369370_o.jpg

A two headed dwarf based on the goblin legs, ork torso and empire gun and axe - with dwarf heads (these will probably appear regularly!)

1018369363_o.jpg

What do you think, worth pursuing?

inchmurrin

Here's the Heroquest based dwarf and the two headed one painted and based.

1019515650_o.jpg

1019515653_o.jpg

1019515662_o.jpg

1019515665_o.jpg

1019515669_o.jpg

and the two together for scale

1019515672_o.jpg

Next up my variation on a familiar chaos dwarf, Khazek Doomlord I used a goblin (again) as a core and a chaos warrior head. The hand looks a bit out of scale but maybe it is a chaos attribute "oversized hand"?

1019515639_o.jpg

1019515644_o.jpg

He'll be back when he's finished.

I haven't given these guys names of a background I suppose I should to add a bit of depth.

symphonicpoet

That's a seriously neat project there. Glad you got the two headed fellow in paint. On both sides, even. (Probably best not to leave one head jealous.) Great stuff! And the new fellow has some serious dwarf Knights who say Ni potential. Of course . . . maybe now you n(i)eed an unusually tall dwarf.

inchmurrin

So here'smy variation on Khazek Doomlord painted and based and I'm quite happy with him giant hand and all.

1023879036_o.jpg

1023879028_o.jpg

I need some ideas for the future so suggestions invited meanwhile some kind person provided a link to a list of all the monopose figures so lets see what I can come up with next.

As always criticism and comments encouraged.

He looks great Inchmurin! hope to see more soon. Really like your Chaos Dwarves here so far! Hope you also paint some Kryomeks from Scotia Grendel soon.

inchmurrin

Thanks for the kind words, more on their way slightly distracted by makeatrish this month but hopefully some in May.

Back