Foot Knights

orctrader

My first post here.

I'm only a painter, not a gamer. Did these a while back and someone suggested they would be of interest here. From White Knight's "Miniature Imperium" range

WK_Knights_1.jpg

WK_Knights_2.jpg

orctrader

Sleepysod":1mcwwmw2 said:
How did you achieve the black armour? Looks great

Thanks.

Not that clear in the photos but there are some variances in the armour.

The "blackest" armour: Mix metallic silver with black paint until it is almost black and paint all the armour. Leave to dry then with a slightly lighter silver just pick out the edges and high-spots.

Other methods:

As above with the silver and black. Then dry brush with silver paint. Then targeted wash with black paint and a little ink, very, very diluted.

As above but mix a little blue in with the silver and black, then use a blue/black wash.

Sleepysod

Cheers. Will have a try this weekend on a random choice from the way too large pile of minis I haven't got round to yet....

Plaiecivile

Superb knights! And I really like the contrast of the armor with the colorful feathers... and those shields!

... Now what I picture is a full unit of these guys in ranks, awaiting the battle to come, hearing the sound of an orc army approaching yet out of sight.
The knights are standing there with pride, in silence, focused, except for Victor and Marcelus whispering at the back of the ranks.
Marcelus: Victor!
Victor: Lower! ...what?
Marcelus: Did you see Gary on the front rank?
Victor: ... I know, hard to miss!
Marcelus: Blue and white feathers on a lateral arc pattern, he is over doing it. We all know he wants the job, now it is getting embarrassing.
Hughes: SSHHHH!
Marcelus and Victor: Shut up Hughes!
Marcelus: ... My wife just got me orange ones.
Victor: Oh you lucky man...

:lol:

Back