9th Necromundan "Death Blades"

symphonicpoet

Interesting combination of old and new parts to create something different. I love what you're doing. It really wakes up some of the models quite nicely.

Orjetax

I'm glad this got bumped - made me look back and see things I had missed.
Servitor squad looks great.

Hope to see more here!

Mat

Hmm so it's been quite a while since I've posted here... I've mainly been lurking, but I have a couple more pics to add to this thread to at least keep it up-to-date-ish.

First up is the mighty Imperial Guard Land Speeder. I painted this up late last year, and never quite got around to posting it here.
blogger-image-112776949.jpg

A valuable addition to the rapid strike component of the Death Blades, the land speeder usually fights alongside the sentinels, rough riders (who are my last unit to complete and are still not finished though...) and green platoon. Armed with a multi-melta for blowing up extremely big things, one of the crew decided that wasn't enough, and drew his laspistol just in case. Love it!

Note the ultra sexy mold line on the gun on the front:
blogger-image--733433375.jpg

:oops:

I was excited that this model would see some action in 8th edition 40k games, but unfortunately it hasn't yet! The rules for 8th edition army building have changed again, so apparently I can use it in narrative games but not matched play games. But that's fine by me!

Another model that I've painted up for this army is a much, much more recent forgeworld resin model.
blogger-image--1283110029.jpg

Note the old metal 80's rapier guardsmen on top manning the heavy stubber.
blogger-image-1653838174.jpg

He has a little magnet on his foot, so I can change him out for something else, take him out for transport etc. Looks like I may need to straighten out that stubber barrel again though. No wonder he never hits anything!

I'm also working on a new single character for the army, that I just wanted to make up on a whim. I hope to have him painted up in the next couple of days. Well that's the plan anyway...

Mat

So I was bitten by the painting and modelling bug over the last couple of days, and managed to get a new model painted for this army.

Trooper Mustaine is a renowned knife fighter, recluse, and prolific combat drug user. I plan to use him as an assassin in most games, where he will sneak up on people and give them a messy death.

blogger-image--921263486.jpg

I kit based him from mostly current plastic parts, apart from the head, which was kindly donated by an old penal legion trooper.

blogger-image--872586437.jpg

Some of my freehand is a little ordinary, but it does the job.

blogger-image-786639082.jpg

As always there are a couple more images in the blog

Plaiecivile

Trooper Mustaine... I love this guy!
Plus the way you painted his face is flawless.
Covered in dust, he looks bad tempered, slightly tensed, yet focused on his purpose.

I would like to see a battle report based from his point of view ;) That would make a great story!

Mat

@JonAtron, thanks very much! I would love to do a pic of the army all together but unfortunately most of it is in storage interstate a couple of thousand kilometres away! I'm hoping to re-unite it all in July or August, so fingers crossed I can get one done then.

@ Suber, thanks as always; the pep talks are appreciated!

@ Plaiecivile, thanks very much mate. Good idea on the battle report, I'll try and do one up. Unfortunately it won't be for quite a while with most of my army in storage. Still I can work on some story ideas...

@ area23, the gas masks are little pieces from the cadian plastic range. I picked them up from eBay, and stuck them on standard goggled guardsmen heads. There were little bits of cheek showing, so I just painted it black to look like a fully enclosed mask.

I have one squad to go for this army, 5 rough riders. They are half modelled up, but there are so many distractions! Give me strength... ;)

Back