A 'Maelstrom' Class Light Cargo Carrier

Thought I'd put this up in here as it's an ongoing part of my Port Imperiale background. I mean, what's a spaceport without any ships!

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

Quendil":q1gjrk53 said:
Wow that is stunning , what model is it ?

It's a scratchbuild, made out of assorted bits I've picked up on eBay. Mainly bits of a thunderhawk, a Caestus Assault ram and a Storm Raven kit.

I've tried to keep it all GW/FW, but there are random bits from all sorts of things in there.

Marvelous scratchbuild and paintjob! I recognize lots of parts from various kits. The audacity to throw bits from so many different kits together is only dwarfed by the skills apparent in the seamless end result. Hats off!

This should be a guiding light of an example of what could be achieved. I'll link to it over on DakkaDakka.

Karak Norn Clansman":2e5f1zr5 said:
This should be a guiding light of an example of what could be achieved. I'll link to it over on DakkaDakka.

Thank you all for your kind words.

If you do link to it on other forums (and by all means do!), you're probably best off link to the blog in my sig, I put more info and photos on there than I do here, with a bit more background on construction etc.

Max Bialystock":2xnasr7x said:
Stunning! I love it! Did you sketch out a plan or just get stuck in and see where it took you?

I basically laid out all the parts I had knocking around, and spent an hour or so trying to work out how they fitted together best. Once the main body came together, the rest of it just followed over the course of a day or so.

Back