Realm of Chaos and other projects

I'm so happy to have found this forum, and would like to take the opportunity to share some of my work. Inspired by Joe Rogers of the Pointhammered podcast, I have decided to embark on an unthinkable journey: the "100% painted" project. As the name implies, it involves making a log of all the models you own and painting all of the ones you keep! You can sell models you don't plan to paint, but the ones you hold onto, you paint. Unlike Mr. Rogers who set a deadline of next year, I will be taking my time and setting a target of 3 years from now: 2019. I figure that this is fair since I have a demanding job, 1 kid and another on the way. I will upload a spreadsheet of all models I own and check them off as I paint or sell them.

With the advent of Age of Sigmar, I have given up wargaming for the moment, which means more time to paint! Anyway, onto the pics. Here is what I am working on at the moment:

3386be668e99f97f1adf8b3dd459c239.jpg

And I just finished this. Quite proud of it since it's one of the largest models I have ever painted:

ea9131e5bc67002ddd5f2ec0a6727ae2.jpg
40edb8a33754af5612a80a52e97812b9.jpg
6d474a7bb282827d785daf8599e218de.jpg
a37932858c2a36bb189151079631a177.jpg

Re: Realm of Chaos and other projects

I have about 20 models not painted, I literally sold all my other ones! I do have a bits box/random box of old models I found/inherited, but I dont think I will paint them, they are just to keep for fun

thank you for the inspiration. I know it is a lofty goal, but I think it is a worthwhile one. I used to just purchase minis I liked and put them in a box never to be seen again. The exercise of cataloging and painting all of my minis, while tedious, makes me feel less like a hoarder

Hey! What you got against hoarders? Most of us on here suffer from it at varying degrees :lol:

I'm also guilty! trust me, once you see my painted to unpainted ratio, my shame will be plain for all to see!

Every decent collector of miniatures has at least their own bodyweight in unpainted models.

You know Bluey, l reckon that statement is dead accurate :shock:

Scary to think about it huh?

Ditto to the above. Advantage of trying to paint what I have is that I can justify to myself that I can keep buying more! :)

Anthony_BREWS":3iw1jh8x said:
Ditto to the above. Advantage of trying to paint what I have is that I can justify to myself that I can keep buying more! :)

Nooooo!!!! That way lies madness brother, trust me :lol:

i reckon that if i never bought another miniature, it'd still take me a decade to paint all the ones i've got. or longer....

I'm the same. My goal of 3 years is ambitious ... I'm going to see where I stand in 1 year and then extrapolate accordingly ...

Well, just finished my Excel spreadsheet and I have a whopping 52% of my collection painted (989 models painted, 912 unpainted). The big black box is my 4th/5th edition Orcs and Goblins. Love the models but daunted by the sheer volume of them. 0% are painted so far, out of the 500'ish odd models, which account for over 50% of my unpainted tally. Hoping to start them soon but, as others point out, hope may be a dangerous thing :lol:

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 713
Back