Harry does Frostgrave

Harry

Thanks very much fellas. Much appreciated.

So next I had a bit of a look at the table.
Now I want the games/scenarios which are set underground to have a slightly different feel to them....a bit darker ... a bit more sinister. So I have split my table into two halves. I know I need a lot more terrain .... but this is what I am starting with.

I imagine a set up where the players can literally choose to enter the mountain and then reappear on the other side of the table having passed through one of the entrances modelled on to this piece. I will need to do a bit of work to the back of the mountain to show the interior and make all the doors and caves lead somewhere on the other side .... But that is the plan.

Here are some shots of the underdark ... with the statues ....so this would be all set for the night in the museum scenario:

Harry

Next up ... you need some Treasure tokens for Frostgrave ... These are the ones that came with the Nickstarter.

Harry

Thanks fellas. Really appreciate the feedback.

Asslessman":46qk6hmr said:
Mind blown, just the kind of game I want to play.
Pop round anytime .... We can get a game in. :grin:

More stuff from me ... A very big Bear, some Wolves and some Boars:
(Some of it is almost Oldhammer. ;) )

Harry

Thanks very much.

More from me ... a BIG Dire wolf and a group shot of all the animals so I have so far:

Just John

Wow, wow and wow again. Great looking table, Harry. The statues are great. Now I know what to do with any broken links I have lying around.

Harry

Thanks fellas....glad you like it.

Just John":5z8988qp said:
Wow, wow and wow again. Great looking table, Harry. The statues are great. Now I know what to do with any broken links I have lying around.
"Broken links?"

Harry

So next up Demons.

You need demons for Frostgrave. I didn't want to use GW demons ... they are so identified with specific gods. I was after something very generic.

So ....back to the Reaper Bones box I went.

The first guy is an imp, the dogs are medium demons and the winged demon is my large demon.
(currently ... I have a bigger one planned and this one will become a medium demon when I get the other guy done).

Harry

Thanks fellas

James Holloway":roorggx6 said:
Those statues are great -- something to do with those surplus Bones models!
Yes ... couldn't see me ever using these guys as characters ... so ...

Harry

I have pulled together all the monsters I have painted so far:

...and finally a bit of oldhammer. :grin:

skullhamma

VERY inspiring! I have ordered the ruleset myself, but I will lack a fantastic table like this, when I'm going to play it.

Bane

This is amazing Harry, the visual spectacle you've created with all that scenery and those models is incredibly inspiring. It all looks great, but I'm definitely stealing your statue idea! Would love to play a game on this, it's all set for some great narrative gaming in the cold, lucky you!

Harry

@Skullhammer ... I hope you like the rules. let me know how you get on.

Bane":wj3kjmhe said:
This is amazing Harry, the visual spectacle you've created with all that scenery and those models is incredibly inspiring. It all looks great, but I'm definitely stealing your statue idea! Would love to play a game on this, it's all set for some great narrative gaming in the cold, lucky you!
Thanks Stuart, High praise from a man with your skills.
You know you would be welcome to come visit for a days gaming any time you like. Our girls even look a similar age I am sure my daughter will happily entertain your two. :grin: The statue idea is yours .. free. (actually i stole it myself ... so only seems right that you should steal it. I am copying your dungeon tiles so all fair.

Back