My Rogue Trader stuff.

Spevna

I'd never thought of them as zombies, just orks in roughed up armour, but now you've mentioned it I can see what you mean.

Asslessman

Spevna":72mdw3d6 said:
I'd never thought of them as zombies, just orks in roughed up armour, but now you've mentioned it I can see what you mean.

Well maybe I took the white face paint for some flayed part of the skull and the absence of eyes lead me to think about dead orks, now I see all your orks have unpainted eyes (cool way to enhance the grim side of them by the way) that's where my mistake comes from.

Spevna

I actually quite like your idea :)

The power armour could be the only thing that keeps them shuffling along ;)

Blue in VT

Really fantastic work on these...you have a very dramatic painting style which I'm sure looks superb on the table. Keep up the fantastic Work!

Cheers,

Blue

Spevna":ksnfthm5 said:
And the green flood shall continue!!

i've got one of these on my painting desk at the moment. it's nice to see your interpretation of it and you're a very talented painter.

mine is actually being used as a servitor rather than an ork though!

Ti Pouchon

Oddly enough, I'm also all set to start painting that guy up.. well, cutting him up first, as befits the mini..

That aside, I really like the orks here. great color schemes, really vibrant effects - all in all, ace!
The Mekaniak with the blowtorch: is he missing an arm?
Also: the snot-flinging-gun, did that come in two varieties, one with a spike on the bubble and one without? I've seen lots & lots of them (not a lot looking as good as these, mind!) and sometimes they have the spike, sometimes they don't.
Are there two varieties or is the spike just prone to breaking off?

Spevna

Ti Pouchon":3d76onkv said:
Oddly enough, I'm also all set to start painting that guy up.. well, cutting him up first, as befits the mini..

That aside, I really like the orks here. great color schemes, really vibrant effects - all in all, ace!
The Mekaniak with the blowtorch: is he missing an arm?
Also: the snot-flinging-gun, did that come in two varieties, one with a spike on the bubble and one without? I've seen lots & lots of them (not a lot looking as good as these, mind!) and sometimes they have the spike, sometimes they don't.
Are there two varieties or is the spike just prone to breaking off?

No, he has an arm, it's just in a bloody awkward position ;)

As for the shokk attack gun, I think it is just prone to snapping.

Great looking Orkses, that Mekboy looks like he is reaching back for something off of his belt/pouches- having painted and put together that mini myself I can understand why you did that because the arm obscures most of the guy's torso.

Spevna

Count Von Bruno":1a6x9j9w said:
Great looking Orkses, that Mekboy looks like he is reaching back for something off of his belt/pouches- having painted and put together that mini myself I can understand why you did that because the arm obscures most of the guy's torso.

Exactly what I did. He has a RT bolt pistol in his hand.

Spevna

A lowly runtherd and his pack of useless grots.

68bf97956cd794b3432b897668fb0b35_zps9001ed4f.jpg

306bb7a82f3e9989d959083660d7aed3_zpsadb9c894.jpg

Spevna

axiom":ao67qf0j said:
I love the style you have with your painting - really strong and graphic! Beautiful stuff :)

Cheers mate.

The approach I have is that I want them to look good on the table, at arms length, so i use a pretty strong (garish!) style of painting. Truth be told, they are pretty tatty looking close up ;)

Spevna

And the green tide flows onwards !

First up is a scratchbuilt looted Rhino.

8b1cecca98a5f1b4fdc50e9b781a1f65_zps18f6cbce.jpg

8e113d2f1e19cf23416fcc669b4f4f21_zpsc4c13188.jpg

And some DeffDredds. They were made by a company making GW proxies, but I don't recall, the maker now.

47d843b62b8ba8fb4d2e791ab760a733_zpsbed7cb33.jpg

6dadb0a1f8de7cd9522d85aa6e41fbdd_zps48c50af4.jpg

Jonas

The rhino looks like a Ramshackle Iron Grumbler, maybe.

Great stuff anyway. The Dreads are great too. Really does the job!

Spevna

Jonas":1ji7vlio said:
The rhino looks like a Ramshackle Iron Grumbler, maybe.

Great stuff anyway. The Dreads are great too. Really does the job!

Cheers :)

The Rhino was based on pdf templates I found online. Very easy to follow, and much cheaper than chopping up an actual GW kit ;)

Asslessman

Splendid set of Ork raiders ! It's actually funny to see these, I just finished painting that very same set yesterady night ! Always funny to see different takes on a same model. I love the different shades of skintone, it may seem a detail but it really works, (should think about that some day :? )

Back