Chaos Squats

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 am

Chaos Squats

I’ve started a chaos squat army. It was the painting of a new Olley sculpt from the recent Macrocosm Miniatures Kickstarter that gave me the push.

These are nice multi part metal models, which are also just about the only ‘off the spruce’ close combat space dwarf ‘line’ infantry models in aware of. This makes me feel like I’ll be in good shape to bulk out the regular units. This one will end up as a squad leader, but most will have a hammer and bolt pistol.

I’ve got a host of other chaotic looking space dwarfs already — the previously painted ones are here:

And, I’ve got a custom Olley ‘psychic mutant scrunt’ kitbash dread that I’ll be using. Might be fun to go with all Olley sculpted models for the army, but not sure I’ll stick with that notion.

I’d like to do color schemes that might allow elements to be used on the table as part of other Armies I’ve got, as well.

What something will count as in Rogue Trader is always straightforward ... in second edition I’d use this as genestealer cult with chaos allies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:58 am

Re: Chaos Squats

Those are amazing. The colours on the exo armour are perfect for old school 40k chaos and that Living Ancestor with the mechadendrite legs is a brilliant model. What an amazing start to a Chaos Squat warband. I'm half way through painting some eBay rescued Imperial Space Dwarves, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against that lot!

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 am

nice job on the new macrocosm; the kickstarter seems to hold a lot of promise.
the dark knight of the twisted moon

Image Image

https://bit.ly/2m5gfAo

https://bit.ly/2TczEfY

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:53 pm

EricF wrote:Those are amazing. The colours on the exo armour are perfect for old school 40k chaos and that Living Ancestor with the mechadendrite legs is a brilliant model. What an amazing start to a Chaos Squat warband. I'm half way through painting some eBay rescued Imperial Space Dwarves, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against that lot!

Thanks for the encouraging words! That warped living ancestor is a favorite of mine.
I’ve got another suitable character model from that range on deck, along with the rest of the close combat squad.

I hope you get to post some imperial space dwarves! Always love to see old school squats.

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:55 pm

twisted moon wrote:nice job on the new macrocosm; the kickstarter seems to hold a lot of promise.

Yes, I think it does have a lot of promise. Did you see they have a new one? It’s got great coated space dwarfs but also walkers for which one can get the hybrid/mutant heads.

Post Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Not much to add in terms of painting yet, but I did recently get this Bob Olley-created kitbash/part sculpt, which will feature in the project.

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 am

Oh, very nice indeed! I am so looking forward to that Kickstarter. :)

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 am

Another Macrocosm trooper, also another Olley’s Armies Psychic mutant scrunt.

Return to Showroom