Old School Nouveau - Oldhammer Medley

Nicklas P

Thanks for the comments!

I finished these cyber twins recently. They're based on Goodwin's old thralls/servitors with various bits from modern plastic kits.

Nicklas P

Painted up one of Kev's recent sculpts, a goblin archer from Knightmare Miniatures. I decided to try something different and painted him with natural flesh tones. I think it gives him an uncanny look!

Caradepato

Absolutely gorgeous. The red nose and the stubble really makes him spring to life. The subtle rust effect is also great.

symphonicpoet

^That is indeed a frightening little gobbo! As Caradepato said, the rust is really very nice. And the red nose wins the day. :)

I thought I replied about the goblin earlier but I guess I didn't. There's a lot to unpack here. The technical skill shown in painting it is just beyond human. I used to make chaos weirdos simply by painting a goblin with Caucasian skin tones and it always makes a very uncanny looking creeper but this paintjob is just beyond the extra mile.

I like that he wears a hood... over a helmet... with a spike on it? How does that work? That's such a gobbo thing to do. I also really like that it's a historical style of helmet (skull cap with rondels) with a fantasy flourish (spike on top). It's also very upsetting that he seems to run around more or less naked under a maille shirt. Like that shirt probably has a canvas liner sewn inside it and that's all he wears. The mind recoils in horror at the myriad implications.

Nicklas P

Thanks guys,
@Tauntaun Scout - Heh, yeah the hood over the spiked helmet is funny, maybe it's how Night Goblins keep their hoods so pointy?

I've painted up a few more "greenskins" in the same style as the goblin above, really quite pleased with the look.

I also converted an old Ork Tinboy into a renegade war droid of sorts, heavily inspired by the ABC Warriors again.

Nicklas P

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated : )

I've completed a couple of more robots. One based on an old Epic Knight Squire and the other one on a mix of bits from modern plastic kits.

Orjetax

The droids are so good, and the light turquoise and the green and yellow droids are particularly cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caradepato

I saw the epic bot over on FB, and I'll say what I didn't say then:
I find the proportions and pose of it to be full of personality - the determination that its marching forth with, the fact that it has no neck making it look almost obstinate.

Back