Oldhammer Slaanesh Warband

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Oldhammer Slaanesh Warband

vonkortez wrote:Nice to see Slaanesh getting some well deserved love here.

Khorne is next...

Post Sat May 23, 2020 7:59 am

Tauntaun Scout wrote:
vonkortez wrote:Nice to see Slaanesh getting some well deserved love here.

Khorne is next...

nice! Loads of red, black and brass; dog heads and oversized blades!

Post Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

So, the Slaaneshi warband is finished. I rolled it up to begin with, painted that, then rolled 4 times on the retinue table, painting each roll before moving on. I haven't decided if the leader should devolve to spawndom, be elevated to demonhood, or if instead of either of these, if his retinue should expand into a full WFB army and invade The Olde World.

Next up is a Khornate Warband!

Edit: As I look at these pics now, I wish I had painted the bows pink. With purple skulls on the ends. It woulda been perfect. I might try painting over one and if it works, redo them all.

Post Sun May 31, 2020 3:10 pm

So it has been decided. The warband is expanding to a full size army to invade the Olde World. I have added another goblin to the regiment and painted a new regiment of 10 chaos warriors. One of them had a broken halberd so it naturally enough became a standard bearer. These guys give me enough sheer points to be a proper army. I also added an ogre which I found in storage, painted 10+ years ago and found this week. I also painted a 2nd old metal champion and 2nd mage, just because. I have 10 orcs on the painting table now... at which point I am all out of Battlemasters plastic and the army will be done until I find more for cheap. I'd like to someday round all the regiments up to 12/20 (depending on base size), add two more ogres, and a regiment of Battlemasters wolf riders and mounted chaos knights.

Post Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 pm

With the addition of an orc regiment, I am all out of random Battlemasters chaos figures. And thus, the warband of Samson the Licentious grew into a full fledged army. Growing bold in their turpitude, they left the Chaos Wastes to spread ecstasy and despair far and wide.

Someday I hope to find enough to get the goblins and archers up to 20, and the orcs, chaos warriors and beastmen up to 12. At that point I'll have 4 regiments of heavy infantry ranging from poor to excellent, and one regiment of average light infantry. Plus two close combat monsters and 4 characters. Imbalanced, yes, but continued acquisitions of Battlemasters chaos bits lots may yield a regiment or two of heavy cavalry bringing the army much more into balance.

Donator
Donator

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:09 am

Even so, that's a pretty impressive force. :)
Previous

Return to Showroom