Whose serious about wanting old WEs???

Blue in VT

Hey guys...just floating an idea here and trying to gauge interest.

There is a gent over on LAF who is thinking of selling an all metal 80s wood elf army... here is a clip from his post..

I have a large Wood Elfs circa 1980's almost all have never been painted all metal all GW.
70+ archers (2x Skarlocs box set)
20+ wardancers
20+ cavalry
3 Mages
50+ assorted infatry

Would people be Interested in doing a bulk buy of this army and splitting it amongst interested parties?

Obviously this list is a little short of details at this point but as I said just floating the idea.

Blue

Thantsants

Re: Whose serious about wanted old WEs???

Yup could do with more cavalry and some other bits - see my last blog post ;)

Mind you can't go too overboard - the wife's getting a bit noughty... ;)

Just John

I'd definitely be interested in a full unit of Skarloc's archers maybe 25 all told and possibly a few other bits and pieces.

Do you know there is just too much temptation on this forum!

Blue in VT

:grin: :grin: it is terrible isn't it?

Personally I would be most interested in infantry and some cavalry.

I hope to know more soon.

Anyone have an idea of how much WE cav is going for these days?

Blue

Thantsants

Most of mine has been around £4-5 a go but I've seen them go for more - especially the Melnibonean/High Elf stuff. Could do with it being cheaper than that though! ;)

weazil

I'm very interested in infantry (not archers) and any cavalry in the offing. I'm specifically collecting for high elves, but Kith can come unarmoured, so I want to explore this avenue. Very, very interested in armoured infantry. Highest priority, really!

So, I'd be willing to explore a joint purchase!

Blue in VT

Ok...here is a little more detail on the lot...

23 cavalry (2 mages, 2 champions, 5 archers, 14 spear/sword men)
65 archers
8 standards
9 musicians
2 mages
82 variuous foot including champions, beastmasters etc.
2 cats
1 boar

Wow!!! That is a mother load of Infantry!!! Crazy.

Let's also discuss what we would offer for a lot of this size...it is even bigger than I thought!

Blue

Thantsants

Well the only public bid is for £150 so I presume we'll have to at least beat that.

Could definitely do with some of the horse archers, a few of the spear/sword armed cavalry, some of the archers and foot swordsmen, couple of the musicians and standards and maybe a beastmaster or two.

I suppose it depends on whether we're chipping in for what we want or coming up with an agreed total and splitting it all as equally as we can?

Tricky because I'm in the red in terms of hobby stuff but either way I could push the boat out on this and contribute £40 - £50

Don't tell the wife though... :shock:

Blue in VT

My preference in cav leans to the shock variety...which is good as there are so few of the archers. For the infantry I would be interested in mostly spearmen...and at least two command sections. Iw old also take a unit of non-skarloc archers. I could consider a beast master with the two cats as well...but not real high on the priority list.

I'll put in a request for some pictures...

My budget is probably about the same as thansants...

Blue

Blue in VT

:? Alright...I heard from nightmask...he is looking for 1.75 gbp per infantry and 3 gbp for each cav...which makes the total 370 gbp....those price don't seem unreasonable...but the total is quite large and seemingly beyond our capabilities....sigh.

Blue

Blue in VT

Ok...here are some pictures of the goodies....there is a LOT!!! I've also asked if he would be willing to break this into two lots instead of one large...still waiting to hear back on that. Update on my end...I think I have 80£ I can throw at this purchase...but that is maxing me out.

The pics

FB8CB457-00DE-4D84-A5AD-5E78674E56EB-5052-000003B73A0FB76D.jpg

539714EC-DEC2-424F-85A2-680CAFBC48DC-5052-000003B750B05BAD.jpg

0ACA5F2D-B9D8-434F-99ED-C2268419F1EC-5052-000003B749DB9F51.jpg

F26A7878-3013-4E17-82D5-4BC38E5F023D-5052-000003B74452D8B8.jpg

160EAFD6-8AF1-417A-A24A-7A6A163AD09B-5052-000003B75B187D59.jpg

F2CD3C5B-AB06-4453-B1E6-C28B1BFD7E7A-5052-000003B75611FD8A.jpg

4F2FCEF7-7745-4E23-A3F1-669513CCB910-5052-000003B73F1B178F.jpg

6E7E0690-0D38-4CEA-B026-DC514B9BA73C-5052-000003B7601E6364.jpg

Cheers,

Blue

Erny

There is little here that I need but I would be interested in the painted general with raised hand, the cloak, the animals bar the hound, the cat handler, orc head champion, wolf head champion. I could probably go to £20's worth and pick out some infantry but on the whole I have more than I need of all that.

I think that still leaves you quite shy though. It's an odd lot to be honest, bulked out with too much Skarlocks to interest most collectors as a job lot.

Just John

Actually I think 1.75GBP per infantry is quite high for a lot this big. As with Thantsants I am well in the red at the moment but could stretch to a full lot of Skarlocs and a little bit more probably £30 or £40 but not at £1.75 a figure.

Am I being tight-fisted?

Thantsants

Not at all - I'd quite happily pay around £1.75 for a small lot of 10 or so because I can afford that small amount. To buy 90 figures at £1.75 is out of my range

To buy 90 figures at £0.50 is much more feasible for me but probably not what the seller is interested in :cry:

My offer of £40 - £50 still stands if we go for a smaller lot as long as I can get the minis I'm after. :)

Blue in VT

:cry:

Ok well...I see that sentiment...and financial reality are turning against this proposition. I'll get back to the group if there is some additional discussion of a lower price or a smaller lot with Nightmask.

So far he has ignored all my suggestions of breaking the lot into smaller chunks...even two...so I feel he wants to get rid of the whole lot in one go...but maybe if no one else bites at this price he can be convinced.

I'll let you know hat I hear.

Blue

Blue in VT

I certainly understand....I just have a hard time walking away from a group of figures that it will take me years to track down off eBay...and it will end up costing a lot more too...this lot is just TOO big for me to handle on my own...if I dropped 500$ to pick this up and wasn't able to re coop most of it very quickly...the misses would have my hide. If it was only up to me I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm not into undead myself....but with manic miner elf...you know you can get a decent deal....hes a business man.

Blue

Thantsants

.this lot is just TOO big for me to handle on my own...if I dropped 500$ to pick this up and wasn't able to re coop most of it very quickly...the misses would have my hide. If it was only up to me I would do it in a heartbeat.

My feelings exactly! :mad: :lol:

Back