Guideline Prices for Rarer Items - Fantasy

Christian

Any advice on how much a set of the two Albion giants with the Druid might be worth? No original box but the minis look otherwise untouched...

It's these blokes:
IMG_0474z-02.jpg

Citadel Collector":5b164i8s said:
antipixi":5b164i8s said:
Anyone got any idea as to the value of an untouched DRAG5: Great Imperial Dragon?

Turns out I was enthusiastic in my youth and bought 2!

Varies - £40 - £80? Not quite as popular as the Great Spined Dragon.

So going on the link from Stuff Of Legends, I think it was released in 1987:

http://www.solegends.com/citads/1987A/198706WD90/WD90p23DRAG5GIMP-01.htm

Price was £14.95 back in 1987 then. In today's money that would be about £35.64. Interesting that the price has at most doubled from the original price.

antipixi

Citadel Collector":1qrap7ir said:
antipixi":1qrap7ir said:
Anyone got any idea as to the value of an untouched DRAG5: Great Imperial Dragon?

Turns out I was enthusiastic in my youth and bought 2!

Varies - £40 - £80? Not quite as popular as the Great Spined Dragon.

Cheers CC. That's good to know. :grin:

theottovonbismark":1qrap7ir said:
Price was £14.95 back in 1987 then. In today's money that would be about £35.64. Interesting that the price has at most doubled from the original price.

Very Interesting, but also expensive since I've got the old hammer bug right now!

Just John

I wouldn't use any of Wobble Hammers BIN prices as a guide for the value of anything as his prices tend to be incredibly inflated. Your best bet is to search ebay 'sold' items but I reckon you could get £40 or so for the complete box.

barrybarry85":3f2a23l2 said:
What sort of price could I get for an untouched regiments of renown Nightmare legion?
as I seen this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citadel-R...00?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5afacffc60

cheers

Generally any of the "Buy it now" prices on Ebay are inflated speculation. £200 is silly money for that set. I would guess at a price range of £40 - £80, closer to 80 if they are untouched and very mint. Others will probably be able to give a better idea of the prices they go for on ebay historically.

Just John

A little bit of searching shows a wide variety of sale prices from £51 for 2 boxes to £34 for one box to a BIN sale for £130. The last one is a bit crazy but just shows that if you are patient some impatient fool will turn up eventually.

Thanks for the repiles guys. That was my problem. I was watching the 2 that went for 51. and seen a few others have went for arrounf 75ish didnt know what to price them at. Im hoping to get more than my dad paid for them though.

Just John":2uhcnddb said:
A little bit of searching shows a wide variety of sale prices from £51 for 2 boxes to £34 for one box to a BIN sale for £130. The last one is a bit crazy but just shows that if you are patient some impatient fool will turn up eventually.

It's true, sometimes it's hard to resist an up front price. If it were me and I was not in a rush to sell I would just put a BIN price < £80. That's a bit over twice the initial value which seem reasonable enough to get an impatient collector.

Just John

theottovonbismark":2pftvfsl said:
Just John":2pftvfsl said:

It's true, sometimes it's hard to resist an up front price. If it were me and I was not in a rush to sell I would just put a BIN price < £80. That's a bit over twice the initial value which seem reasonable enough to get an impatient collector.

Or put it up for £80 with a best offer option.

Back