Holy Heck!

Naagruz

Due to great personal connections with other gamers & the joy of eBay, I've sent a multitude of packages overseas for years & received a really nasty shock today at the local Post Office. Long story short, prices have gone up exponentially.

For example, I could get a single figure to anywhere in the EU/UK for about $3 (£1.9) prior to 1/27/2013; now the same mailer costs ~$9.50... :shock: International First Class ain't what it used to be.
In 2012, I probably could have landed a mini into Bratsk for less.

Anyone feeling the pain or have a workaround? I almost think I could FedEx for less!

Blue in VT

We just had a sizable increase on this side of the pond too...if I can fit it in a padded envelop it can still be reasonable to
Ship to Europe...once you use a box....even a small one...the price doubles...sigh. With my last sale thread I went to the PO with 13 packages...12 of which were international... And the final bill was more the $70!! :?

I've been limiting most of my eBay shopping to North America only as a consequence.

Cheers,

Blue

phreedh

Paying postage sucks, as it's a service you never actually experience. Still, the international postal system is a pretty amazing logistics machine and the fact that I can send something from one end of the country to the other and have it arrive the next day for a measly £0.50 is really impressive. Yes, international postage has gone up - but it's still a fantastic service we have now.

Blue in VT

You are absolutely right my friend. We really shouldn't complain ....in my several years of shipping probably hundreds of packages at this time I've never had one get lost yet.... knock on wood :? The price Certainly makes you think about things before you buy on impulse. Which I guess isn't a bad thing either?

Blue

Chico

As an Ex Royal Mail Postman (Had to leave for ill health), i can tell you that from the other side the postage costs are amazing for what work actually has to into getting the items to the right place. Lets put it this way, for the cost of a stamp you can send a card/letter anywhere in your own country and expect it to arrive sometime within a day or 2. You try getting a letter somewhere within that sort space of time for 50p heh.

Blue in VT

True Chico...which is why the USPS is about to go under! The people want it easy, fast, and Cheap....its not always possible to have all three.

...but I like cheap... :twisted:

Cheers,

Blue

Naagruz

THEFAN":6td0bo9p said:
Everything has doubled just about.

Honestly, I'd say tripled.

My only real complaint is that I really like sending stuff across the pond(s). 8-)

I now have to honor all the years of poking fun at Brits who can't seem to land anything on planet U.S.A. for less than £3.5 with signed for at a heinous £8+. My new ship-to price is a fugly £5.8 which is just plain crazy. That's like 7 beers worth of postage!!

I thought all this homestate drilling was lowering fuel costs. I mean, we even have coffeemakers running on CNG now, so what gives? Maybe zeppelins for postal drops?! ;)

Zhu Bajie

Naagruz":1838ldv9 said:
My new ship-to price is a fugly £5.8 which is just plain crazy. That's like 7 beers worth of postage!!

That's like 2 beers in these parts, a "beer" being 1 pint thereof.

DaImp

Try having everything you buy on ebay shipped to the south of Africa. Shipping regularly costs more than the price of the item bought. It is ridiculous but there is no other option :(

Back