Harry

Nothing to say you can't put up a link .... but those prices. :shock:

Tom Kirby ... is that you? :grin:

iksentrik

Harry":jao2gxf8 said:
Nothing to say you can't put up a link .... but those prices. :shock:

Tom Kirby ... is that you? :grin:

Thats why every single item on auction has a Best Offer option. :oops:

I had to put something down for the buy it now, and a lot of the prices is based on previous sales and what I've seen other peoples similar minis go for.

Zhu Bajie

Hmm. I think those prices are off-putting. People might get there in a bidding-war, but otherwise these do look a little on the high side.

Also in the Undead Wights lot, you've got the 80s ME73 Lord of the Rings Barrow Wights - these might sell better if you listed them as such (they're quite common tho' because they also appeared in the Gothic Horror range).

iksentrik

Cheers for all the tips and comments guys, I'll have a re think over night and re address the pricing in the morning

I was quite shocked to see how much ebay prices were once you attached a reserve price and thought the cheaper option was a fixed price with a best offer option. On average it was almost £1.50 per listing cheaper and with potentially hundreds of toy soldiers to list this was no small amount in fees. Its been awhile since I listed classic Warhammer to boot so all comments have been taken on board and are appreciated.

Maybe a clear intention in the description along these lines, setting out that ALL OFFERS will be considered might be a way forward.

Orlygg

I my experience of selling citadel miniatures, and I traded in old school stuff twice to support myself during periods of unemployment, well listed models usually find their price if listed as a 99p auction. This encourages a high number of watchers. Collectors want to feel like they have got a bargain. List items during ebays free listings weekends to save on fees. Remember, ebay is full of overpriced ' buy it nows' (some of which are plainly, ridiculous) and these should not be taken as a true reflection on price.

Chico

Some very nice listings, but boy are those on the high end. As stated by other people i find 99p starting + 1 picture is all it takes to sell alot of items.

iksentrik

Things are already selling so who knows?!?

You can always put in offers
People are and I'm accepting

Also to change the listing to the 99p auction option, Ebay will NOT refund the fees already charged for those items.

Harry

I see youhva esome more listings starting at 99p
As others have said.
I am pretty sure these will make their price. You seem too hjave done everything right in terms of "Warhammer Citadel, OOP, Limited, Rare" etc
Folks looking for this stuff will find it.

I never know if its a good thing or a bad thing but there is a boat load of warhammer stuff sells on a sunday night (Maybe it's all stuff).
I don't klnow if it means lots of buyers will see your stuff or if it means they will miss your stuff in the crowd BUT There does seem
to be a lot of buyers on a sunday and things always seem to fetch good prices.

Can I just ask one thing.
You have a couple of carrion listed. You have them as Citadel.
I painted one the other day but i have no idea what it is or where I got it.
Are your sure of your identification? and have you got a link to it .... on stuff of legends or something?
I would just love to know what it is.
(and will defo have a punt on those two)

Cheers

redben

Harry":38ebscmy said:
I never know if its a good thing or a bad thing but there is a boat load of warhammer stuff sells on a sunday night (Maybe it's all stuff)

Apparently it's the case that all stuff sells better on a Sunday night. Ebay did some research into it and found that's when the highest number of people tend be browsing on the site.

iksentrik

You know I have no idea who made those, but I did bring them back from Canada last time I was out there. So the could be either rafm, ral partha, or maybe grenadier. All were popular in the 80s as GW minis were almost impossible to get your hands on

iksentrik

Also if the items that are on as buy it now and don't sell, when they hit 10 days left I'll probably send them to auction

Just John

The first Carion minis were released as part of the 'C' series under C34 Elementals and Demons

c34carrionsum87f.jpg

Then they were released by Marauder as multi part figures

c9426marmm52carrion-01.jpg

iksentrik

Just so there's no confusion these are not GW / Marauder carrion. I believe that they are a Canadian company like Ral Partha but can't be sure as they were bought almost 20 years ago

Harry

It is not those citadel guys he has on sale but something else.
I am pretty sure it is not Heartbreaker either.
I remember then being some sort of Zombie dragon or maybe Nazgul Dragon ... Just can't remember where it came from.

This is the bad boy we are talking about ... obviously the rider is a citadel mini but they did not come together.

056ke.jpg

Just John

Is this the figure?
51035.jpg

If so its Grenadiers Undead Flyer from their Fantasy Warriors range, which is still available from Mirliton

UD039.jpg

If not the I have no idea :)

PS sorry if I caused confusion earlier I was intending to show that they weren't GW

iksentrik

Yup that's the one and I might even have the rider now that i've seen what it looks like.

Been busy busy at it today listing a whole load of 99p auctions, with LOADS more to get through. Good thing there's another 99p free listing day this weekend

Harry

Thats him ... and now that I have seen that I have the rider too. :grin: Thanks JJ for the time and trouble to track him down for us.

Back