Piscean Warrior !!

Looking for something, something to sell or trade, this is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: Piscean Warrior !!

Whether it's a close match or not, have to say it would look better holding something a bit more non-human in terms of weaponry. perhaps something that you wouldn't immediately guess the function of if you say it?

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Ok , as this one is already done and close, I'll consider making a variant for those who want some of them on a squad or similar.
Some heavy weapon, different gun , leader...
If theres interest for it of course.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Asslessman wrote:
Zhu Bajie wrote:I think he might look even better with an organic-tech tyranid like weapon ;-)

You don't want to go all spongebob squarepants but maybe a coral -looking gun or something in that vein coud have done. or maybe a classical B-movie sort of gun (example from fallout) ...

Maybe you can keep the idea for the leader ;)

Huh... the Pisceans aren't all that different from you and me. The original was carrying some sort of clip-fed slug-thrower with a couple of spare magazines strapped to his tummy just in case:

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:59 pm

psiekier wrote:
Asslessman wrote:Huh... the Pisceans aren't all that different from you and me. The original was carrying some sort of clip-fed slug-thrower with a couple of spare magazines strapped to his tummy just in case:

The clip fed slug thrower is known as a bolter in some places ;)

Fishmen and humans are not that diferent I agree, it is because at the time eldars had stub guns, marines and squats had shuriken catapults, orks even had power armours and zoats had tyrannid flamers , power gloves and missile launchers. Muy point is that at the time te hlist of weapons was very limited and almost evenly distributed oevr all the races. Now things have changed quite a bit...
It was a conviniency for sculptors who could use pre-made weapons and it was a conviniency for designers who could did not have to focus on creating brzilliions of weapons with basically similar effects

What we mean here is to use the opportunity for further variants to have proper "fishman" weapons (even if in terms of game they could be used as a regular bolter or shuriken catapult, whatever...)

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 pm

ardyer wrote:Zhu, the thing to remember though is he's in Spain. Spain dies not have same copyright policies that we have. I'm not sure if it's a law or enforcement issue, but they don't.

You're quite correct, I'm clueless about Spanish law, or that of China or Russia (and not all that much more clued in about the UK or US if I'm honest ;) ). However, this advert and online-ordering system (via PM) isn't hosted in Spain, and rightly or wrongly I feel a duty of care in respects to that. Also the products are being advertised to an international market, not just within Spain, so there are several layers of international law to contend with. I mean, Stormtrooper Helmets, so who knows, right?

Either way if OS wants to test GWs resolve in pressing a copyright case in Spain, that is entirely his decision, personally I'd recommend against it (which is what I'm doing), especially if it's avoidable - which I think it is, OS is talented and creative enough to do more than copy other peoples work.

Obscure Creator wrote:Ok , I understand your point , while I don't know how you can say the proportions are 1:1 while there's no other gun to compare with in the pic... :?

Cheers. I could post measured comparison pics, showing how close the two are but I'm not going to, because I think that would be totally counter-productive, I don't want to give fuel to the enemy!
Keep Kalm and Pass Kool Tests.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

First, I apologize to everyone else for more copyright discussion. I'm a major IP nerd so what can I say...

Zhu Bajie wrote:You're quite correct, I'm clueless about Spanish law, or that of China or Russia (and not all that much more clued in about the UK or US if I'm honest ;) ). However, this advert and online-ordering system (via PM) isn't hosted in Spain, and rightly or wrongly I feel a duty of care in respects to that. Also the products are being advertised to an international market, not just within Spain, so there are several layers of international law to contend with. I mean, Stormtrooper Helmets, so who knows, right?

Either way if OS wants to test GWs resolve in pressing a copyright case in Spain, that is entirely his decision, personally I'd recommend against it (which is what I'm doing), especially if it's avoidable - which I think it is, OS is talented and creative enough to do more than copy other peoples work.

In principle, you're completely right. This is a forum run from a place outside of Spain's jurisdiction, and those areas open it up to enforcement in those countries...both against the sculptor and the hosts. However, most countries (to my knowledge) have a safe harbor rule that largely shields host. GW would first have to send a C&D that was ignored before they could do anything to the site.

Further, even though he may ship these models to the USA and the UK (making him eligible to be sued there), I doubt he's got any assets in anywhere but Spain. This makes him "judgement proof" in those countries.
And as far as suing him in Spain, if that was an option, Andrea miniatures (I went back and checked) has been stepping on the copyrights of companies like Disney and MGM for so long that if it was viable it probably would have happened by now.

Now, all the above is purely a legal discussion. The ethical issues are largely individual and I appreciate that you're offering advice. I'm a big fan of advice-it's saved my ass an incalculable number of times!

And on that note, if anyone wants a 54mm Captain Jack Sparrow, Andrea makes a very nice "1650 buccaneer" that bears a striking resemblance :lol:

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Asslessman wrote:What we mean here is to use the opportunity for further variants to have proper "fishman" weapons (even if in terms of game they could be used as a regular bolter or shuriken catapult, whatever...)

My vote is for a Flechette type gun, known among the Fishmen as a 'Descaler' ;)
Image Image

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:39 pm

I vote for a female Fish..um lady with a pet cat heheh but... um.. ok I'll shut up ;)

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

i think he looks great. I would like to keep with the old RT spirit where everyone could have the same weapons or totally different if they wanted.

Alternatively maybe do just the hand with no wepaons and people can supply whatever they like.

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:13 am

And on another note. I would love to see more Pisceans. Ideally I would want a squad of 10 different poses ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Private Sale/Trade