Piscean Warrior !!

Looking for something, something to sell or trade, this is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:02 am

Piscean Warrior !!

Here he is!

ImageImage

Its 7'5 GBP for those who don't know.

PM me interested please.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 am

Re: Piscean Warrior !!

Is he strutting? :D

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Looks to be carrying a Forgeworld Cadian Las Pistol?
Keep Kalm and Pass Kool Tests.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Sorry bit not this time , it looks like obviously because he's carrying a las pistol, but not from any kit or existing mini.
Also those minis from forgeworld are resin and I'm using sculpey wich needs to be baked , so resin will melt.
If you look to the pics you will notice my gun is not as "perfect" as the one from forgeworld or Imperial guard plastic kits , the lines the edges, its always hard to
achieve that finishment level with sculpey.

So you can be in pace ;)

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Obscure Creator wrote:Sorry bit not this time , it looks like obviously because he's carrying a las pistol, but not from any kit or existing mini.

If so it's a pretty exact copy, even down to the weird diagonal slot on the magazine cartridge, slots and rivets. :o

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Those stright lines are similar because IT'S the shape of a lasgun , but some ribets are not the same size or deep , I have a plastic gun here from the imperial guard to use as guide and even the size is different.
The one in the Piscean is a tad small.
Anyway , I admit on the Minotaur chainsaw , but I can't do on something that it's not.
Please give me a break , you can take a look on the final mini "in hand" and you'll see its not the same piece you mentioned.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:08 pm

For me it's really too close, the proportions and details match 1:1, even if it's not the same model part that's been smoothed out a bit, it's design very heavily copies the GW original - and that in itself is a problem. Really not trying to give you a hard time, I want you to succeed and keep making these seriously great models. I do not want you to have C&Ds off GW in 3 months time and have to face that.

I think he might look even better with an organic-tech tyranid like weapon ;-)

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Ok , I understand your point , while I don't know how you can say the proportions are 1:1 while there's no other gun to compare with in the pic... :?
Anyway , untill I make some changes or something on it , I'll edit the pics to hide the weapon , so no one can feel it "too close" to the original.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote:For me it's really too close, the proportions and details match 1:1, even if it's not the same model part that's been smoothed out a bit, it's design very heavily copies the GW original - and that in itself is a problem. Really not trying to give you a hard time, I want you to succeed and keep making these seriously great models. I do not want you to have C&Ds off GW in 3 months time and have to face that.

I think he might look even better with an organic-tech tyranid like weapon ;-)

The Las pistol was my favorite part!

Zhu, the thing to remember though is he's in Spain. Spain dies not have same copyright policies that we have. I'm not sure if it's a law or enforcement issue, but they don't. I forget the name of the company (Pegaso or Andrea, maybe?) but they routinely lift likenesses from far more litigious companies than GW and escape by being in Spain.

Now, molding the chainsword would probably cross that line, but sculpting something similar is less likely to (in Spain).

Now, take all of the above with a big ol' hunk of salt add I am definitely not licensed to practice law in Spain.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote:I think he might look even better with an organic-tech tyranid like weapon ;-)

You don't want to go all spongebob squarepants but maybe a coral -looking gun or something in that vein coud have done. or maybe a classical B-movie sort of gun (example from fallout) :

Maybe you can keep the idea for the leader ;)
Next

Return to Private Sale/Trade