looking for skeletons

A long while ago I purchased the skeleton regiment (25) and had a hell of a time assembling and painting them and now they are gone.

I tried to find the same pack on ebay (not AOS) but have failed. I'm not looking for old metal skellies either, just something the same or the Heroquest ones I gave away too.

Does anyone have any that are not too expensive and are willing (and able right now) to post to Western Australia?

Please check - because a lot of postage from UK and Europe is still not allowed into WA.

PS: his is vitally important right now as my wife has just discovered heroquest and I have no skellies or mummies

Tubehead

Bluey Zarzov":3c5sb5x7 said:
...my wife has just discovered heroquest

Please tell us what the secret is to getting your wife interested in wargaming! :mrgreen:

I've been married 16 years and although my wife is totally obsessed by SF and fantasy novels she's not inclined to join in my 40K gaming. (I suspect she is intimidated by the complicated rules...)
She's always trying to please me though which is very sweet and I bet if I hit upon the right angle to lure her in she might go for it.
Maybe romantic subplots or something...

My wife Anne:
i0OTJYv.jpg

25 years ago I worked at a gaming store. There was an attractive middle-aged couple who were regulars of ours who were REALLY into WH40K.
He played Space Marines and she played Orks.
They frequently dropped in to buy troops, paint, and vehicle kits...
I always envied their relationship because the wife was so extremely enthusiastic about her Orks...! :lol:

So how did you manage to get your lady into Heroquest?
Any suggestions would be of help. :cry:

I think it was a combination of my enthusiasm for painting minis and the fact that she was bored.

We both like board games, so that was perhaps a big factor.

She also finds it entertaining to kill off my adventurers repeatedly.

Tubehead

Bluey Zarzov":25ys3jpp said:
I think it was a combination of my enthusiasm for painting minis and the fact that she was bored.

We both like board games, so that was perhaps a big factor.

She also finds it entertaining to kill off my adventurers repeatedly.

I see. My wife never seems to get bored... She's always reading those bloody novels. :lol:
Does yours wife paint your minis? Did she ever want to try it?

Tubehead

Bluey Zarzov":3e0gexo1 said:
If your wife loves SciFi - how about starting with Space Hulk?

That's brilliant! I guess I hadn't thought of it since my ex-wife simply adored Space Hulk and I didn't want to dredge up the past. But that's been so long ago now (25+ years?) I can barely remember what she looked like let alone worry about letting something like that cork up our potential good times.
The only trouble is getting a copy; I recently paid about £300 to get a boxed set of WH40K 2nd Edition shipped out here to Japan and more than half of that was the postal charges.
Believe it or not I have already looked into getting a copy of Space Hulk domestically but because the Japanese seem to perceive GW products as having been minted out of pure gold it would be vastly cheaper to just buy it on ebay and pay £150+ for shipping (no kidding). But I'm not anxious to get into that scene again...
So I guess going the Space Hulk route is a bust, actually.
I was hoping to get her to play 40K 2E so I guess I should just focus on that.
I need something like this, only for 40K:
wZRSKyF.jpg

Berkut666

I realise we are massively off topic here but just adding my 10p worth. My wife is not a Sci-fi fan at all but she does indulge me and play war games occasionally. It started with her playing Bloodbowl as it was the closest to a “board game” I had. She has also painted 2 teams and played various other games since including 40k, Epic and X-wing (my oldest plays it)

I should point out that we are big board game players anyway and I think that helped. Could be worth trying more board games first, and then a “lite” strategy game like Hive.

Tubehead

Berkut666":2vnz9c3b said:
My wife is not a Sci-fi fan at all but she does indulge me and play war games occasionally. It started with her playing Bloodbowl as it was the closest to a “board game” I had. ...Could be worth trying more board games first, and then a “lite” strategy game like Hive.

I'm hugely impressed that you not only got your wife into playing Bloodbowl but that she's painted two teams! :shock:
Must be nice. :grin:

Okay, thanks mate, I'll look up Hive and see if I can find some other 'lite' strategy games she might be interested to try...

Tubehead

Berkut666":10bxft9a said:
She has done an Elf team (using the old Dungeon Bowl miniatures) and an Ork one. She is into crafts anyway so I guess it wasn’t a huge step. Her painting is really good to be fair.

https://www.gen42.com/games/hive

Thats Hive. I got my one from Amazon.

Best of luck!

I'll check out the link, thanks!
Yes, Anne isn't terribly into arts & crafts. I suppose if she were she would more readily see the appeal of the hobby. Ah well.
Thanks for your help!

Back