Wanted: MM90 5d, Citadel or Marauder realm of chaos knights

Re: Wanted: Chaos Lord on Hippogriff (Marauder)

el Superbeasto":1renw81l said:
It's an empire griffin with a chaos rider on top, I believe. :)

I found a direct link to MM43
http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm43c ... pgriff.htm

The War Griffon was sold separately and probably it would work with a "Mounted Chaos Warrior" if the right legs are with it.
I think that the shown Chaos Champion and the weapon is a little different. I am looking specifically for this one.
But I would buy rider or mount separately, too.

Gallivantes

Re: Wanted: Chaos Lord on Hippogriff (Marauder)

TheHoodedMan":1pvyhnfd said:
el Superbeasto":1pvyhnfd said:
It's an empire griffin with a chaos rider on top, I believe. :)

I found a direct link to MM43
http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm43c ... pgriff.htm

The War Griffon was sold separately and probably it would work with a "Mounted Chaos Warrior" if the right legs are with it.
I think that the shown Chaos Champion and the weapon is a little different. I am looking specifically for this one.
But I would buy rider or mount separately, too.

TheHoodedMan, the rider with those legs fits very well on the griffon. I bought my griffon+rider in a blister pack together when it came out. If you are looking to track down those legs separately I can attest that they will fit well.

Superbeasto, even though it's true that it was officially sold as a chaos kit I think you're on to something. There was a discussion around this kit in an earlier thread and the gist of it was: it appears it was designed for the Empire line but repurposed for the chaos range for some reason. See here for more detail http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10179

Bottom line, the griffon has a styling suspiciously similar to both the Marauder Empire Mounted Reiksguard Knights and the Marauder Imperial Hero on Hippogriff. Putting it into the chaos army appears to be a bit of an afterthought.

And to add to that, I am actually realising something else as I am looking at the photo of the Marauder army assembled: the griffon rider seems to be very conveniently designed by a weapon swap kitbash from the chaos knights. The torso of the rightmost knight in the back appears to be the base, with axe swapped out for the sword of knight 2/4. So I guess that's another +1 for the theory that this was an Empire kit in the making but hastily reappropriated for chaos. Who knows... seems like that to me anyways :)

ma4chaosarmywd135.jpg

Re: Wanted: Chaos Lord on War Griffon(Marauder)

You guys are really a great help. Thanks for the advice, I should have studied the details of the army picture more instead of looking at the mounted chaos warriors separate picture. Indeed one can see the weapon and model details of the rider much better in the army picture.

edit: And seeing that other thread; I have a rather similar goal of building that Marauder chaos army, but I`ll change that a little bit. I´ll mix in some Citadel models of the same era as well, namely some of the chaos warriors and a Dragon Ogre. I already have the MM90 Chaos Dwarfes (missing only 5d if anybody sells him), the Beast Handler, the thugs and 10 Beastmen (that is enough).
I`ll use the Citadel chaos steeds for my mounted chaos warriors; I already have some but if I could get one or two additional ones that would be great, too.

Re: Wanted: MM90: 5d, steeds,Chaos Lord on War Griffon(Marau

Maybe it was cancelled as an empire griffin because they decided to make the emperor on deathclaw instead and thought one griffin per range was enough.

Gallivantes

Perhaps, although the release years strike me as being too far apart. If that was the case it then took them three years and a month to get the Karl Franz version out the door — in June '93 (post 4th edition release) so that strikes me as the odd detail.

Speaking of, 4th edition seems to have had a revisit on the monster allegiances. A gander at my 4th ed orc army list revealed that they are allowed both griffons and hippogriffs (as both indepent or hero ridden), and a note says that they are "available for all armies"...

In that light I'm not surprised to see an Empire hero on a griffon by then. Maybe they share a connection but of a different sort? Maybe the inception of Karl Franz on Deathclaw was influenced by an Imperial Hero on Griffin that never was? Again, wild speculation... :grin:

There seem also to be two different Griffon heads. One with decoration like shown in the Chaos army picture and one without decoration, which was sold without rider.

Thank you very much.

(P.S.: Seems that I have got one (not the one above, so I`ll not bid on that - just if someone else is interested)

Re: Wanted: MM90 5d, Citadel or Marauder realm of chaos knig

Still looking for Knights and Marauder mounted Chaos warriors and Chaos Dwarf MM90 5d.

Back