MYERI MARSH DEMONS SALE! With free figure! Big pics page 4

Fimm McCool

1150988_10151778794102279_1365707716_n.jpg

Hi guys!

At last the Marsh Demons (http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=723&start=20) are ready for casting!

My question is- how do we do this? The masters should be arriving soon so when I get them I can post photos of the groups with prices and people can place orders here or I can set up a kickstarter to fund the first batch. In some ways it depends how many people are likely to want them since the kickstarter will be more wide-ranging so I'll have a better chance of covering my costs but that's also more of a faff. I'm midway through writing a ruleset for using the range of figures I'm hoping to produce and this will be available for free as downloads with the hope that people will be able to play it and feed back into a 'playtest community' about how it can be improved. That's not going to be for a few months yet though (new year most likely) and if I were going to launch a kickstarter I'd probably do that at the same time as putting up the ruleset which would mean no marsh demons for Christmas.

So, quick show of hands, who's keen?

I'll work through the costings and get prices up over the weekend.

Chico

Re: MYERI MARSH DEMONS ON SALE... how do we do this?!

You know I'm interested, but with my funds so low I can't comite to buying anything straight away. :(

Fimm McCool

Chico":abib4lcn said:
You know I'm interested, but with my funds so low I can't comite to buying anything straight away. :(

No problems Chico. We can work something out. In all likelihood the actual orders won't be placed until November as it will take that time to accrue critical mass!

Now everyone knows what Chico wants for Christmas....

OK, prices. The moulds worked out a bit more expensive than I'd have liked so I've had to up a bit from my estimates. Pictures to follow when the masters arrive. The sets are:

2 Clubtails (Warriors) and a Thrall £7.50
Clubtail Curadh (Command group- Piper, Standard Bearer and Champion) £7.50
Draoi (Mystic) with blind crows £5
Tiarna (Hero) £5
Woldlouse £6
Pair of Haakskarl swords £2

Postage for one set £3 (UK), for two or more sets £5 (UK- overseas contact me for cost)

Purchases of £25 or more (exc. postage) will receive a free mystery figure!

Pictures of them can be found on the WIP page

Zhu Bajie

Yeah, hand waving, full set please.

Having the rulebook, the figure ready to go into production would be a strong staring point for a KS.

Fimm McCool

Here's my plan then.

Orders of these figures are available now to people on this forum with the free figure option. I am midway through writing the rules and these will be popping up on my website (to be arranged) from January with a forum and free downloads of the components so that anyone can get themselves a copy and start playing. The forum will allow comments, feedback etc. so we have a kind of open-source gaming system. At the same time I will launch a Kickstarter to raise casting costs for the other key sets of figures for the game (I have four sets planned which will be sculpted between now and then) which will feature pre-orders of those sets and orders of the Myeri. How does that sound? :)

Chico

Sounds good to me, is one of the other sets naked goats? :O

Fimm McCool

Chico":mmyo4iwj said:
Sounds good to me, is one of the other sets naked goats? :O

Umm, not quite. Though there's one figure which might engage your bestial Capraic festises.

weazil

Re: MYERI MARSH DEMONS ON SALE! With special free figure off

Hi Fimm

This is good news - do the figures come unarmed? Meaning - do we need to buy the swords separately? Or are the haakskarl swords an upgrade to existing weapons?

Fimm McCool

The figures are all unarmed and can be equipped with anything you have handy in your bitz boxes. Alternatively you can buy the Haakskarl swords (which are VERY big, two-handed blades) as an optional extra. :)

Chico

If the Haakskarl swords aren't to your tastes then the new Minotaur weapons should fit quite well or a mix of the 2 will work quite well.

Fimm McCool

Indeed. Or anything Ogre Kingdom. Since the models are quite celtic in influence I've been using Dwarf great weapons to test and they work quite nicely.

igirisujin

I would be interested in one of each figure, and probably some swords, should I PM you?

Fimm McCool

Okie doke everybody, here's a suggestion.

If you have a specific quiery send me a PM, otherwise the prices are there, the photos will hopefully be up in the next week or so. If you'd like to make a straight order you can send money via paypal to g_f_sims@yahoo.co.uk making sure you include:

Postage- £3 for single figure/set, £5 for 2+ sets in the UK, overseas PM me.
Delivery Address
Itemised list of what you'd like

When we reach critical mass I'll send an order to the foundry. Will be before the end of October.

Please note these figures are only currently available to you guys on the forum. They will go public in January/February with the rules I am currently writing and several more sets of figures. Therefore feel free to paint 'em, post pictures on blogs etc. but please hold the big "Look what Fimm's got!" push until they go live! Thanks. Oh, and of course if you spend over £25 (exc. postage) you get your free bonus mystery figure! What is it? Who can tell... All I'm saying is that something similar exists on my blog... Cheers for your support guys!

Fimm McCool

I'll be placing orders with the foundry the last week in October so deadline for this round is the 23rd- lists of the figures you'd like before then please. Payment can wait until the start of November if that makes it easier for anyone to spend, spend, spend! Just PM me with the figures you'd like.

Fimm McCool

Had confirmation this morning the master casts are in the post and on their way to me, should be here monday. Stay tuned for nice pictures of shiny minis!

Asslessman

Just for my information, is master cast the first cast to see if the model casts correctly and see any issues? or is it the one from which other molds are made?

More on topic, really interested in seeing what comes out, would you consider taking pictures of the firts casts (with the mandatory black wash) in black and white just like in old catalogues (or even just a drawing like in very old catalogues)?

Fimm McCool

I guess that would be fun! :)

The masters are, yes, the first metal castings taken from the master moulds. In full production these masters would be used to create production moulds from which the released figures would be cast. The master figures are retained for re-making the production moulds when they wear out since the process of pulling figures from the moulds slowly degrades them.

In this instance all figures available for order are going to be cast from the master moulds. If I scale up production over the next couple of years the master figures that are currently on their way to me will be used to make the production moulds for future castings.

Asslessman

Fimm McCool":36lrh4tj said:
I guess that would be fun! :)

The masters are, yes, the first metal castings taken from the master moulds. In full production these masters would be used to create production moulds from which the released figures would be cast. The master figures are retained for re-making the production moulds when they wear out since the process of pulling figures from the moulds slowly degrades them.
Thank you for the info

Fimm McCool":36lrh4tj said:
In this instance all figures available for order are going to be cast from the master moulds. If I scale up production over the next couple of years the master figures that are currently on their way to me will be used to make the production moulds for future castings.
This technically means that following batches will be "recasts" :o :shock:
I hope to get the funds to get you a full set soon enough.

Back