Animal handlers in 3rd edition WFB

vonkortez

Hello everybody,

I´ve begun writing a series of articles about animal handlers in 3rd edition WFB in my blog Vanhaa Vasarointia (Old Hammering in Finnish).
The first part that discusses the rules in general is ready and as next I will take a look into each race in WFB: Armies that can take handlers http://vanhaavasarointia.blogspot.fi/2017/02/animal-handlers-in-3rd-edition-wfb.html.

So there will be an article for wood elves, dark elves, chaos, skavens, slann and hobgoblins plus propably one for everything that does not fall into the afore mentioned categories.
What I am trying to achieve is a sort of data base on beastmasters where people could find all sorts of material on the issue. Rules, analysis on pro´s and con´s, pictures, links, fluff etc.

I´ve allready received pics and links from people, but more is better. So please send me pictures of your Oldhammer animal handlers and beast packs or links to your site or blog if you want them to be included. The material I use will be referred or credited to it´s owner.

Thank you for your help in advance,

-VK

My DE animal handler team:

10.png

A link to the blog in my sig would be welcome if you choose to use it.

ardyer

I'll try to snap a photo or two this weekend of my dark elf with his chaos hounds. That said, is stolen liberally from Diesel Monkey's above so they're a bit similar!

Gallivantes

I really dig this article series. Interesting tactical breakdowns and pretty pictures of units that disappeared into the mist a bit post 3rd ed.

Looking forward to the remaining installments.

Tramp

Yeah, I enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to the next ones (especially the skaven one)

vonkortez

Ben Curry":1bcmhhl3 said:
I love that Dark Elf beast master team!

Hi, the next part of my article series should come out next weekend. And it will cover dark elves.
Hoping to have multiple examples of that model to show.

That is a cool thing. I have one old Marauder Chaos Warrior beast handler with two chaos dogs. Athough never used in battle it brings sone nice piece for an army showcase.
Cool idea.

Tramp

Is the next one due any time soon? I've enjoyed reading these & am particularly looking forward to the skaven ones,

vonkortez

Tramp":3ualiy3g said:
Is the next one due any time soon? I've enjoyed reading these & am particularly looking forward to the skaven ones,

I´m still working on the chaos part. Hoping to get it out before next weekend. Then it´s Skaven time.

Tramp

Great work, these are really interesting to read, I never realised chaos was so chaotic! Thanks for taking the time to research these things - I wouldn't know where to start with something like this!

Back