Some questions over BOYL events (especially the 2017 one)

dadde

Hi all,
i m new to Olhammer ,but playing the game from 1993 ( i m 32y old).
I’ve been caught in the Oldhammer world from the Real of Chaos 80s articles and photos of large battles! I got a pretty huge Empire army from 1990ish and I’d like to bring her there at BOYL 2017.
Living in Italy, I m not sure on what BOYL really is ,but I see that things that’s gonna be are discussed here (or not? I dunno).
If I want to bring my army, there gonna be huge/massive battles? OR its all based on bands ? I m not used to Warhammer 3th edition, I only started playing on 5th edition…but I can re-read the rules if I got a goal !
My general question is : how BOYL works? Thank you all .

Davide

Asslessman

Re: Some questions over BOYL events (especially the 2017 one

No one knows but it does.

OK, more seriously, go have a loo in the event section, you'll find a subsection dedicated for this year's event with dates and the lists of games happening. It's freeform so you can either register fro something or try and fit into something on the fly. I highly suggest you do book to make life easier to those taking care of our well being (The foundry but also the organisers).
It just consists in 3 days at the Foundry with tables everywhere, slightly overweight middle-aged bearded men (teachers teachers) having fun with one another around old lead models and bottles of cider.
You'll have a painting competition and famous artists of the old days, good laughs and opportunities to makes trades in the most pleasant ways. About 2 months before teh event, things usually take off with people preparing games , booking hotels and all.

Snickit

Asslessman":ie05q6l0 said:
It just consists in 3 days at the Foundry with tables everywhere, slightly overweight middle-aged bearded men (teachers teachers) having fun with one another around old lead models and bottles of cider.

How very dare you!

Neither am I a teacher nor am I a cider drinker. I work in finance and I drink ale. I am a beardie weirdie not a weirdie beardie!

But yeah, rest of it is about right, except like Fimm I'd rather people didn't deficate or urinate in the events section, we all gotta use that events section so we wanna keep it clean of bodily fluids and excretia.

Chico

Asslessman":1lfz5any said:
slightly overweight middle-aged bearded men

Are you trying to get in my pants? I can't remember the last time I was called only slightly overweight ;)

As for the Middle-aged part you're older then me ya git hehe

Harry

Everyone is overweight compard to asslessman ... I mean ... the man has no ass. :grin:

dadde

:grin:
got it! thank you for the kind explanation . I ll start adding a bottle of coke on every meal to reach my "slightly overweight" status!

Fimm McCool

dadde":2zn4wi8j said:
I ll start adding a bottle of coke on every meal to reach my "slightly overweight" status!

I've been trying for years, but it's no good. I just have to let the beard make up for it.

Chico

Fimm McCool":3ur823jy said:
dadde":3ur823jy said:
I ll start adding a bottle of coke on every meal to reach my "slightly overweight" status!

I've been trying for years, but it's no good. I just have to let the beard make up for it.

That's because 50% of what you eat/drink gets absorbed by the beard, so the beard grows ever more powerful each day and soon It'll be Mr Beard growing a Fimm ;)

Snickit

Fimm McCool":3p3bd08i said:
dadde":3p3bd08i said:

Only one answer for it - more jungle meat kebabs!!!!! :razz:

I gather none of you lot would show up in leather trousers, especially asslessman, :razz: for that retro feel?

Golgfag1

Condottiero Magno":z3ab04j9 said:
I gather none of you lot would show up in leather trousers, especially asslessman, :razz: for that retro feel?

Oh, I don't know, there are a few here - I have my doubts about! :o :shock: :o

Paul / Golgfag1 :lol:

dadde":1wxb36vy said:
:grin:
got it! thank you for the kind explanation . I ll start adding a bottle of coke on every meal to reach my "slightly overweight" status!

Hey my BMI is average to low!

Also, me and some others will be running a BIG participation game of Helsreach (its a town in the Rogue Trader book) on the sataurday, so bring a gang made from the Inquisimunda rules and a jet bike to enter into the race if you want to play.

dadde

Thanks for the invite Curtis! i was actually tring to find a way to run my Empire '90 army tbh :grin:
i ll save the invite anyway :grin:

Snickit

dadde":1ax0du8f said:
Thanks for the invite Curtis! i was actually tring to find a way to run my Empire '90 army tbh :grin:

I'm running Warhammer Fantasy 3rd edition 1000pt painting challenge with gaming at BOYL2017 if you're interested. No limits on ranges or manufacturers. Just 1000pts (intentionally low to allow people to get it done) painted between now and then.

Fimm McCool

Golgfag1":3jpzxeth said:

I'm afraid I got rid of mine a few years ago. ;)

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":1erjgtsx said:
Golgfag1":1erjgtsx said:

I'm afraid I got rid of mine a few years ago. ;)

Why am I not surprised! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Benamon

Snickit":1hlzrzgd said:
dadde":1hlzrzgd said:

I'm running Warhammer Fantasy 3rd edition 1000pt painting challenge with gaming at BOYL2017 if you're interested. No limits on ranges or manufacturers. Just 1000pts (intentionally low to allow people to get it done) painted between now and then.

Myself and a friend are planning on coming this year, would like to join in of there is space, I will have Slann and he is bringing Empire

You can also organise games with other people on here. And you are allowed to play any game you want, even new ones! 5th ed is surely oldhammer.

Leather trousers.... there simply aren't enough cows in the world to facilitate this!

Back