A Simple Little Challenge for 2016/17

Golgfag1

I like it, though I don't have your distractions, there are others for the father with grown up kids - taxi service, the cars of those that do drive, garden etc. ah, the joys of domestic bliss :grin: :) ;) :( :? :mad: :oops: :cry: :roll:. As stated else where, I've already set my stall and have applied my first coat of serious colour, but I wish you well with your endeavours.

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Cheers buddy. Could always have a small run out with some of what you're working on along the way between now and then to give my little new force a challenge.

Golgfag1

Snickit":3o9frbsh said:
Cheers buddy. Could always have a small run out with some of what you're working on along the way between now and then to give my little new force a challenge.

As ever, quite prepared to travel, or you could come over to mine, as I'm not that far from you.

Hope to see you soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":29fi48cj said:
Snickit":29fi48cj said:

As ever, quite prepared to travel, or you could come over to mine, as I'm not that far from you.

Hope to see you soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Precisely and small games aren't as time consuming (hopefully) so could fit them in easier.

Defo, when I have at least a few Warriors and maybe some Crossbows done then we'll organise a game. Whiskey Priest has had his gamedar pinging too at my idea, sure Ernie will jump in even if it's just as you are to play a small game or two without taking part in the challenge. Learning as we build armies is a lot better than getting to the end and realising you've ballsed up with the selections!

Snickit

Skarsnik":3gedw2gu said:
As the official holder of the worlds slowest painter title, this is right up my street. Count me in.

Awesome, and only in Peterborough? Not a million miles away, I'm Luton way.

What army you going for?

Skarsnik

Snickit":2es1crnw said:
Skarsnik":2es1crnw said:
As the official holder of the worlds slowest painter title, this is right up my street. Count me in.

Awesome, and only in Peterborough? Not a million miles away, I'm Luton way.

What army you going for?

Now there's a question. I think I probably have at least 1000 points of every army for 3rd edition sitting in boxes. I'll have a dig and decide over the next few days.

VanLoon

I was hoping to start on my wood elves this year, so this sounds like just the motivation I need.

1k sounds achievable - count me in please!

Snickit

VanLoon":37pn9atk said:
I was hoping to start on my wood elves this year, so this sounds like just the motivation I need.

1k sounds achievable - count me in please!

Welcome aboard!

Suber

Hahaha, as part of this 'Dads without Borders' club, I'm familiar with the feeling :lol:
I'm absolutely overwhelmed by my own lead mountain, but will be keeping track of this project :grin:

Snickit

Suber":103ny809 said:
Hahaha, as part of this 'Dads without Borders' club, I'm familiar with the feeling :lol:
I'm absolutely overwhelmed by my own lead mountain, but will be keeping track of this project :grin:

If you find the time later in the year to jump on board you'll be very welcome.

Snickit

If you can get more than 1000pts done then more power to you but if you're short of time (maybe you're busy with your business ventures) then take it nice and slow.

Be interesting to see what you'd chuck into the mix.

Fimm McCool

I'm aiming to buy 1500pts, we'll see what gets painted. It probably won't be used for BOYL though as I'm dungeon bashing with the guys from GROG.

Grumdril

Skarsnik":1t3k6684 said:
Humm, I could probably mount a good challenge for the title! :(

I'm up for this. Either chaos or dwarves I think. Although part of my slow painter technique is being indecisive, so maybe something else!

Paul / Grumdril

Leromides

As stated on the facebook group I'm up for this, indeed I've gone so far as to work out a list. Orcs and goblins: 24 boyz, 24 arrer boyz, 24 stickas, 24 gobbos. Level 5 heroes for each unit and a level 20 orc general with a long pointy stick on a pig. Light armour, shields, banners and musicians all round. Comes out at a 1000 points by my reckoning and 101 figures is doable. Perhaps not the most tactically astute list but I think they'll look pretty when they're done.

Snickit

Leromides":1b5sd2rd said:
As stated on the facebook group I'm up for this, indeed I've gone so far as to work out a list. Orcs and goblins: 24 boyz, 24 arrer boyz, 24 stickas, 24 gobbos. Level 5 heroes for each unit and a level 20 orc general with a long pointy stick on a pig. Light armour, shields, banners and musicians all round. Comes out at a 1000 points by my reckoning and 101 figures is doable. Perhaps not the most tactically astute list but I think they'll look pretty when they're done.

I think it'll look splendid.

I'm not looking to find tournament armies nor is it a painting competition. It's simply a motivational excuse to get some painting done in the few hours we may get each month.

Glad to have along for the ride,

As soon as I get some time (see the original reason for the idea) I'll start the admin on this project.

Erny

OK I'll do high elves, only problem is a few of the models I'd want to include in this I have already painted. I don't have another bolter crew to paint or another ten sea elf wardancers, these were painted two years ago for the oldhammer ahoy event. Perhaps we can bend the rules slightly given I have no other armies I haven't started on less.

Back