Call that Oldhammer ... THIS is Oldhammer

Padre

He did go on a bit about fantasy wargamers being silly, yet although I myself have never in 30+ years done anything but fantasy wargaming, I was not offended. The reason being that it just seemed to me he was the flip side of me, but the same coin. He never played fantasy, I never played historical, but we still seemed to inhabit the same world, and I knew his part of the world as well as he knew mine (I have known many a historical player and been to many a convention), and he definitely had a very very similar childhood.

Hetz

Yeah, but you don't condemn historical gamers - do you? :shock:

I still enjoyed the book. In fact I'll prolly read it again today cos of his thread.

Padre

I don't condemn them, no. And the only real reason I don't join them is that I have invested so much into warhammer armies that I now enjoy adding to, converting (etc) what I have. To start from scratch seems too much! I only ever pay with fully painted armies so it would be a lot of work. Besides, if you house rules WHFB to make it low fantasy, or just play with players and armies who are happy to minimise the monsters and magic, it feels/looks historical enough for me. Nearly all the figures I have bought in the last two years have been historical. I get my fix of history from my work and my reenactment hobby.

Here's a picture from my latest campaign project of two of my most recently completed figures. I think Thantsants was there when I bought them.

Chancellors1_zpsd99dc7af.jpg

Historical enough for ya? (It's IC2401 Tilea)

Maybe I should put the ongoing campaign background/story/report thread on this forum?

Back