Happy Birthday Oldhammer???

Fimm McCool

Aww, s'nice! :) As one of those who signed up on the 2nd August last year (was it really a year ago?!) Happy Oldhammer Anniversary one and all!

Zhu Bajie

:lol:

How does people signing up to the Bloodforum signify the birth of "Oldhammer"? It had already taken root quite while before, we'd even set up the group blog and a whole bunch of people were saying yay-cool! "Oldhammer!" back in 2011, and certainly there was activity going on before then. It seems a peculiar landmark to claim as the beginning of Oldhammer history.

Erny

There had been a bunch of us blogging on this for some time and a community of sorts was beginning to grow for sure pre-summer 2012. We were all commenting on Thantsant's posts on lead Adventure or Hertz's or whoever's. We'd exchanged lead in mutually acceptable ways. We had been posting on each others blogs there were familiar names and faces, indeed I remember briefly chatting to Thantsants about a community of retro warhammerers several years before, I think he brought it up. Orlygg also started blogging with a passion and community was mentioned again.

What we hadn't done was get organised. All the really cool things that have happened over the past year, the oldhammer day, Golden Gobbo, the Face book page, the community growing so much and obviously this forum have all happened since and arguable because Treps set up this forum and we got organised.

I'm not sure we could put a date to the founding moment but getting organised on this forum a year ago certainly seams worth mentioning and saying thank you to the community also seams worth doing. Perhaps I should have said happy birthday oldhammer community? I'm certain we can all agree give or take a few weeks something gained momentum about a year ago today and I'm pleased it did.

Back