TRIPODS! The War of the Worlds Board Game

Fimm McCool

It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind...

All files uploaded for the prototype games. Tomorrow 4 copies will be ordered. These will be for final playtesting at the Asylum Steampunk Festival in Lincoln in September. Talks are then in progress about a launch at Bristolcon, Bristol's scifi convention, in october. I'll keep you posted with pics of the prototypes when they arrive and pre-orders will probably be by kickstarter campaign through october.

Attachments

• tripods.jpg
    tripods.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,732

Fimm McCool

Thanks, and do spread the word- need to have a bit more interest to make launch worthwhile! Also, any suggestions for getting games printed in the UK? My current source is America and it's looking like the game will currently have to retail at £40-45 to make it viable... I'd hoped to get it a bit cheaper than that but shipping is frightening!

Zhu Bajie

print is print? once you get the prototypes, phone round some local printers who can do packaging, and have them take a look at it and give you a quote. You'll probably need die-cutting and folding, but you might save by doing the packing and gluing yourself (means the printer can deliver flat goods, and you can control stock a bit easier). Getting stuff printed in the states and shipped over here is madness I tell thee. Unless your sales are all stateside.

Oh yeah, looks good. The name makes me think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmykynKhMw

:)

Fimm McCool

Selling stuff stateside is easy. I guess getting the cards etc. printed in the UK is probably easy enough, and probably even finding the playing pieces. Don't mind assembling a bit by hand, but getting dies cut etc. for a small print run is a no-go and I just can't take the risk of getting a batch of 1000s made up, I wouldn't shift 'em. Have started asking around though. Once I've got a copy I can take it round printers and ask them what they can do.

Thantsants

Certainly happy to spread the word :grin:

£40 sounds a bit expensive - hope you can find a decent printers in the UK!

Fimm McCool

The prototypes arrived in the post office just over a week ago. Sadly there was a whopping customs charge to add to the expensive postage costs (boo HMRC, you bastards) and I've been on holiday so didn't get the letter to pay to release them. Consequently they're still sat there despite my paying the fee on Wednesday and I can't go and sort it all out until Tuesday, when I'm supposed to be presenting to a group in Birmingham. Ah well, crap happens.

Fimm McCool

Prototypes are here!!!

DSCF2595.JPG

Fimm McCool

The MARTIANS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!

Well, if we can pay for their bus tickets! ;)

Indiegogo campaign has launched. Games can now be pre-ordered and other fun stuff acquired at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tripods-the-board-game. The total is much higher than I wanted it to be, I found out I need to pay VAT on it, stupid government taking money they've done nothing to earn as usual. But if we sell 400 games at preorder we can run.

Demo games will be running in Lincoln this weekend and in Bristol on October 26th, so if you happen to be around drop me a line before Friday (for Lincoln) and I'll let you know where we'll be. In full Steampunk attire of course!

Fimm McCool

Games were held in Lincoln over the weekend and a suitably Steampunk selection of personages have given it their seal of approval! How-to-play video up soon and our mate JJ has offered to give a copy a try-and-review over the next few weeks.

Back