Warhammer in 15mm?

SonofThor

Has anyone done WF in 15mm? I've painted up some 15s for 40K but still haven't gotten around to it yet, I even sculpted up a space ork, but WF would work out great in 15mm as well.

Blue in VT

It is a very interesting idea...would make big armies relatively attainable...and cut down on table size quite a bit. What would you recommend for figures? I'm not very familiar with 15mm...

Blue

SonofThor

There's a lot of great choices! Splintered Light Miniatures, Demon World (now at Ral Partha Europe and Red Brick for US), Blood Dawn Miniatures (owned by Magister Militum), Eureka's 18mm Fantasy Line, Rebel Minis, Khurasan Miniatures, Black Raven Foundry (Old Glory 15s) and Lone Gunman Games.

I love the SL Orcs!
yhst-133546587642587_2216_24520509

yhst-133546587642587_2216_42362954

yhst-133546587642587_2216_30775175

yhst-133546587642587_2216_14910552

One thing that I'm not sure on is the size of the bases and whether or not to do it individually or if it would be better to mount 3 or 4 on 2" bases.

SonofThor

By the way, I'm not suggesting that I'll be abandoning 28mm though, it's way too fun trying to hunt down old minis! :geek:

Thantsants

Looks good - I think I'd put 3 or 4 on a base perhaps. Might get a bit fiddly otherwise.

I quite like the look of 10mm myself - got a load more of the Copplestone 10mm orcs and trolls to paint up to go with these fella's. Would like to try out Warmaster of Battle of the Five Armies with them

thantsants_05_Ugluks_Last_Stand.jpg

SonofThor

I really like the copplestone minis, I haven't bought any yet though. But I've got the BOFA but have never played it.

SonofThor

Ha, nice try. I misplaced the rulebook, I know it's pack up somewhere I just haven't found it yet. I still have my Warmaster book though, I guess I could use that.

Zhu Bajie

Those SF orcs look really oldschool WFB, reminded of Nick Lunds Chronicle range.

in 10mm Pendraken do some interesting dungeoneering types for more quirky troops and dungeon warfare.

Orlygg

Lovely to see these old school style 15mm beauties. Well done that man? I am impressed by the detail and the quality of the painting.

How about a battle report in 15mm?

SonofThor

I just received a shipment of 15mm Orcs from Splintered Light and am very happy with them! I've decided to base them in 25x50 mm bases for Mighty Armies I think it'll work fine for Warhammer and Rally Around The King as well. I'll post some pics when I get them painted up.

Back