Fishmen

Mutantdale

I understand that the early edition of warhammer had the race of fishmen included.
Does anyone know what white dwarf they came out in or can point me to a ccmwiki or solegends link..
I know a few were released but have no reference material for them :(

MD

Chico

The Sahuagin date from the mid 1980s, when they were produced for the Citadel AD&D range. They are currently out of production, but they can still be found on ebay. They came in packs with three different poses, with each pose having six variants for a total of eighteen unique figures: the best army building options currently available. While the Sahuagin are noticably aquatic, with fins and tridents, they look more like underwater people than fishmen, despite being name as sharkmen in the fluff.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

There's one in the Night Horror range:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c203 ... rors-h.htm

Chico

Psssh you want everything you tart ;)

I have never seen a pre slotta fishman, except this one:

$(KGrHqIOKosFFz43uMFiBRi53My8)g~~60_12.JPG

Mutantdale

Oo he is cool. What range is he from beastmen?
Must add him to my want list ;)

I think I may have it the wrong way round it might be manfish.. I thought they were in 1st or maybe 2nd edition warhammer.

MD

Mutantdale

Aha there they are :) thank you

Did they have weapons? I'm sure I read they got spears clubs and nets but the minis appear to have invisible weapons there..

I am guessing these guys are quite rare then.

MD

Rare is such an emotive term, isn't it? And so relative... ;) I prefer to think of them as "uncommon".

There are sketches of them in the first citadel compendium, and 2 of them are holding pole weapons ad the 3rd is holding a mace.

Zhu Bajie

john-blanche-12-l.jpg

Not really relevant, just saying.

The rules for Menfish are in WFB 1st edition, a couple of lines of description and some text (Fear Fire, Sunlight, Night vision 30', move over watery terrain no effect.

Stats: M 3 | WS 2 | BS 3 | S 2 | T B | W 1 | I 2 | A 1

Mutantdale

Thanks all.. uncommon is better yes ;)

Considering they only made it into 1st edition I am guessing finding weapons for them is not an easy task :(

Thanks for the info Zhu.. 1st edition is way way way before I even thought about lead. Let alone using them as miniatures.. I am guessing T B is something they dropped by 3rd edition as I have not seen it before.
Other than that quite a poor statline no wonder they went extinct. they probably ended up as giant tuna stakes for the empire.

MD

Zhu Bajie

Ah, quirks of 1st Edition. S and T are 1 point less than 2nd/3rd ed, and B = 2.

Maybe if they'd got JB to design them properly (see pic), they'd still be around.

Zhu Bajie

John your link:

http://tabletopheroesandvillains.blogsp ... -fish.html

Nice article!

Fimm McCool":10lng2en said:
Zhu Bajie":10lng2en said:
Ah, quirks of 1st Edition. S and T are 1 point less than 2nd/3rd ed, and B = 2.

What does the B stand for? Base?
Ah they used an alphabetic scale or Toughness in 1E, so A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4 etc. IIIRC Reaper used a similar scale for troop quality, but it probably comes from WRG or elsewhere.

Fimm McCool

Zhu Bajie":8d1gwrtj said:
Ah they used an alphabetic scale or Toughness in 1E, so A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4 etc. IIIRC Reaper used a similar scale for troop quality, but it probably comes from WRG or elsewhere.

Seems an odd decision when the others have a straightforward numerical value. Good to know though, haven't looked much at 1st and 2nd ed as 3rd ed was the current when I started playing. Cheers!

Back