Non GW undercoat spray

weazil

Hello all

So I've finally used my last can of GW black undercoat spray. Now that I've been freed from the shackles, I was wondering what the recommendation for normally priced spray products suitable for little lead soldiers might be? I'm based in the UK.

Cheers!

Chico

Hey,

A fair few years ago i worked in Hobby Craft and they had a few ranges of spray paint i tryed. I found these ones were good:

http://www.quickdrawsupplies.com/shop/1 ... tAodoVIAvw

Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black, White, Brown, Orange, Silver, Gold and Clear Lacquer Varnish.

They give a nice Matt finish buy can come out a bit thick if your not careful.

-
Chico

I would have recommended Army Painter if my black spray hadn't suddenly clogged yesterday morning leaving me with a third of a can of paint I can't use! Either that or the propellent has run out.

Just John

I use Halfords grey primer. They do one specifically for plastic and another for metal. No idea how much it costs in the UK but its €3-€4 cheaper than GW stuff in Ireland. Model makers swear by the stuff in the UK and I've never had it clog the nozzle yet.

ardyer

I've been using the Army Painter white with good experiences. The can's almost empty, after that I'm giving the P3 white primer a go.

Asslessman":8xkx680p said:
Army painters sprays do the job very fine by me.

This is the only AP spray I've tried after many years of using GW and I've noticed from day one that the pressure behind the spray hasn't been quite as powerful as the GW cans. Maybe I've got a dodgy can? LIke I say, it's had it now though seeing as the best it can manage is little more than a wet fart.

Back