Nippon

SonofThor

I'm really tempted to do a Nippon army. I used to have the Warhammer Armies book and I remember they had some stats for Nippon. Does anyone know what those stats were. I'm planning on writing up my own, but would like this as a reference or jumping off point. I've seen the fanmade Warhammer Armies Nippon book, but this is more for the current edition.

Plus I really want to field an army with guys in it! Cavalcade's Wako Pirates!
IMG_3418_2.jpg

Zhu Bajie

Ah, Men of the East!

3rd ed. Armies only has Nippon as a Mercenary force, with Samurai, Ashigaru and Ninja.
2nd Ed Ravenng Hordes has a full Nippon army with Samurai, Ashigaru, Vimto Monks, Firelock Pistols, Arquebusiers, Rockets, Cannon, Torinoko Grenades, Suicide bombers, archers, crossbowmen.

The unarmoured with hand weapon types are Peasants.

Stat wise, they are basic human profile, with Samurai, Ninja and Vimto monks getting various bonuses.

Some suggestions:

DK41.jpg

Black Hat Monkey, great sage, equal of heaven.

and of couse you'll be wanting Ogre allies / mercs:

ogremage1paint1.jpg

Otherworld Ogre Mage

SonofThor

I didn't either, I never owned a copy of 2nd, only 3rd. I'm just going to make my own list, after all that's why we play Oldhammer. :grin:

Erny

You'll be wanting ravening hordes then, usually quite reasonable on Ebay and worth every penny.

And don't forget the temple dogs.

Thantsants

Mmmm Temple dogs... (insert drooling smiley here)

Shame they only ever produced the one old school Oriental Ogre - mine's awaiting the day that I get around to painting up my Hobgoblin Allied contingent up.

Never been that keen on the later Ogre kingdom stuff, although it does have a bit of a Mongolian vibe.

Having said that - nice recommendations Zhu 8-)

Samurai were well 'ard - pretty much like having a small unit of minor heroes rocking around the battlefield.

Perry samurai are rather nice, if a little fiddly to paint. Did these as a diorama for the wife's christmas present a while back. Villagers are also Perry and the Geisha is from Taban Miniatures

P1070567.jpg

P1070569.jpg

P1070568.jpg

P1070570.jpg

jprp

SonofThor":1lk30kit said:
I didn't either, I never owned a copy of 2nd, only 3rd. I'm just going to make my own list, after all that's why we play Oldhammer. :grin:

One thing to bear in mind with Samurai is that their primary weapon was actually the bow so they should have at least as good a bs as ws, some of the more modern fan lists out there have them statted as if they were Euro' knights.

Juxt

Holy seven and a half-ish year threadromancy Batman! Here I was thinking I had something new and Nipponese to read :lol:

jprp

Juxt":3f1v623q said:
Holy seven and a half-ish year threadromancy Batman! Here I was thinking I had something new and Nipponese to read :lol:

This is Oldhammer, threads don't die here.

I'm working on a few Nippon units currently so this is very contemporary for me.

Juxt

Ooh, make sure to post them up when you're done! I'm going to be painting up the Aly Morrison Samurai boxed set as my Christmas project this year.

jprp

Juxt":2zu1mfpk said:
Ooh, make sure to post them up when you're done! I'm going to be painting up the Aly Morrison Samurai boxed set as my Christmas project this year.

I will try and post up what gets done by Christmas as i am prone to drift off project (i am supposed to be on Halflings at the moment but got sparked by Eastern stuff)- knowing me they might never be "Finished".

Back