What did I do with...

...those bloody plastic Genestealer hybrids?!!!

I've been going through my Genestealer models and reading over the cult army list recently and whilst I've got plenty of metal models I thought I'd take another look at the plastics just to see if they might be useable as first generation hybrids. I checked my Genestealer expansion box, not there, had a look in the Deathwing and Spacehulk boxes, not there either! What did I do with them???!!!

I don't remember selling them, it's very unlikely I gave them away or traded them, I might have thrown them away as I was never that keen on them but why the hell would I have kept the horrendous plastic marine librarians (which are the worst thing GW made in plastic around that time in my opinion)? I don't bloody know....

Anyone else think they had models only to find they'd gone one way or another?

Chico

Heh yeah i hate when i can't find the bits i'm after on last count i have 12 large bits boxs. As for the plastic Hybrids i have 40 so ha! Least there cheap to replace though.

ardyer

A couple of months ago I was cleaning my hobby room and found a black dwarf, a dwarf lord of legend, and the advanced hero quest fighter. I set them on my table and haven't found them since. I think I might have bumped them into the trash can! :oops:

Mutantdale

I get this some times. I have a good memory for what minis I own but a terrible memory for where I put things.. hobby room gets usually trashed trying to find this or that.

MD

Mutantdale":2kkmfcaw said:
I get this some times. I have a good memory for what minis I own but a terrible memory for where I put things.. hobby room gets usually trashed trying to find this or that.

MD

In my case I think the models have definately gone as opposed to being mislaid. I just can't think what I did with them. Perhaps I should just mooch through my collection and find something I forgot I had to take my mind off it. :lol:

Mutantdale

Rediscovered gems are always good.. I rebuilt a small Chaos army that way. Scouring various bits boxes and old tubs of random.
Only thing I do t have is the beastmen :( I really liked those and they have more than doubled on eBay since I sold mine and cannot bring myself to buy them.

Maybe I should sort a trade thread up as I have a good 100 or so spare miniatures kicking about.

MD

Chico

Mutantdale":1x5ilpjd said:
Only thing I do t have is the beastmen :( I really liked those and they have more than doubled on eBay since I sold mine and cannot bring myself to buy them.

Maybe I should sort a trade thread up as I have a good 100 or so spare miniatures kicking about.

MD

I have a good lot of 4th Ed Beastmen if that helps ya :)

Mutantdale

Thanks for the offer Chico.. I have 10 of them but every time I pick one up I think ugh why do they all look the same just alternate poses.. that's not a beastmen to me :(

MD

Heyer

Mutantdale":2126kft8 said:

MD

Hi,i have at least 16 old beastmen not the new ones to trade or sell mate :grin: .

Erny

Thirty six lovely 80's citadel goblin bows. All painted but I wanted to re-base them, bases removed on tray in garage.

Wife informs me the builders need access to the back garden can I clear the garage.

Next day can I find the sodding goblins. Its driving me mad, two of my goblin chariots were on that tray and two sets of orc command.

Now I've got another 36 sodding goblins to paint before oldhammer weekend and I'm down to just the fantasy regiments ones.

bug16

Erny":nvkgp9ra said:
Thirty six lovely 80's citadel goblin bows. All painted but I wanted to re-base them, bases removed on tray in garage.

Wife informs me the builders need access to the back garden can I clear the garage.

Next day can I find the sodding goblins. Its driving me mad, two of my goblin chariots were on that tray and two sets of orc command.

Now I've got another 36 sodding goblins to paint before oldhammer weekend and I'm down to just the fantasy regiments ones.

And the best bit is that you know they'll turn up the minute you've painted the replacement regiment. ;)

Erny":3uco3d3e said:

I'd grill the wife and if you've got kids as well (you have my sympathies ;) ) put the squeeze on them too. ;)

Chico

The builders have them and are bringing them to me as we speak via the Goblin underground and they will be claiming sanctuary :)

Grumdril

Best of luck Erny finding those goblins!

My "missing" figures are in two groups: Ones I "know" I kept when I gave up on the hobby but don't know where they are - a few Eldar scouts in this category. And ones I know I used to own, can't imagine I gave away when I gave away a bunch of my orcs, but might well have swapped / traded / lost. All sorts of wierd stuff in this group - undead samurai, an evil sorcerer I remembered owning when I saw the same figure on Heyer's shelf pics, a ninja that's in Harry's showroom thread, a pre-slotta fighter I saw on Ebay a while back (except that one didn't have a broken helmet plume like mine did), various old Lord of the Rings figures. I'm running out of odd places in my Dad's house to search in case they're still around. Conversely I did find an old D3 chaos dwarf blister pack in my search (empty unfortunately), but I can't remember ever owning any chaos dwarves until a few weeks back!

Zhu Bajie

I've lost a Reaver titan, an Ork captain and Beorn as a bear.

No idea how I lost a Reaver titan, it's a solid lump of lead, hardly likely to fall down the cracks or anything.

Just John

When I started back into this lark I was sure I had the Nightmare Legion & box, an Ambull & both Chaos Dwarf Tenderiser & Whirlwind. Can't find any of them anywhere. Gradually I cam to realise that I must have sold them for beer money about 20 years ago :cry:

Since then I've bought some Nick Lund Black Orcs that I can't find anywhere.

Grumdril

I'm a happy bunny tonight - I found nearly all the stuff I thought I had, plus some stuff I'd totally forgotten about, in my Dad's loft today.

Still can't find the fighter with the broken plume, or the evil sorceror I never really liked at the time but would love to have found in time for the RoC event at Bring Out Your Lead!

Grumdril":26et49w3 said:
I'm a happy bunny tonight - I found nearly all the stuff I thought I had, plus some stuff I'd totally forgotten about, in my Dad's loft today.

Still can't find the fighter with the broken plume, or the evil sorceror I never really liked at the time but would love to have found in time for the RoC event at Bring Out Your Lead!

Now finding stuff you've forgotten about is always fun. It usually helps explain they credit card bill in my case! :lol:

Back