The Oldhammer Tome

Suber

I'm aware most of the audience will raise their brows when they see the content, but I guess anyway this stuff was worth of a sight. ;)
A friend of mine has made some kind of recopilation of some old material. For him his Oldhammer choice will be WHFB 4th Ed (I know, I know) and WH40K 2nd Ed. Anyway, this is not to debate over the choice, but to show what he ordered from a bookbinder:

zn245z.jpg

10qj9lk.jpg

Inside you can find the core rules for both systems:

2mrhblv.jpg

aws37s.jpg

14ad1yg.jpg

106yrrr.jpg

t5lhrd.jpg

33wa1ro.jpg

212heg5.jpg

2i74yf8.jpg

6gvtyu.jpg

2jdff9w.jpg

The binding is lovely, hand-made in actual leather and metal ornaments. Reassuringly heavy :grin:

25k4j6s.jpg

Just the books in a new format, roughly A4 size:

fup6c4.jpg

30ldlqq.jpg

1554ao3.jpg

Well, wether you agree or not in the contents, the less that can be said is that the effort is wonderful, specially in these times where people gets the rules on tablets and other technomagic devices. I had it in my hands and couldn't less that share.

Zhu Bajie

I don't know what to say.

It looks amazing on the outside, what a fantastic job. Really nice work.

Then on the inside, it's all arrggh! erhfgehewrh! wag-pffthpaaargh! lol! ;)

Lovely stuff, I'm sure it will bring your 'friend' many hours of gaming happiness. Thanks for sharing.

Asslessman

This looks excellent. This period is probably not my favourite gaming wise but I still have great memories of it. I'm strating to imagine a series of books like this with dates written on it so you can pick a bokk containing each edition of Warhamer with all its associated content (army lists, scenario packs and all)

RT in one book with all its associated content would be glorious...

Chico

Yep this is just pure sex in book form! 50 Shades of Grey Paint doesn't even come close :)

zoggin-eck

Sweet work, that!

Proper editions, too. I just hope the two White Dwarf pages were included to bring 4th up to 5th edition 8-)

Fimm McCool

I'm learning bookbinding to rebind my 3rd ed. I'm then binding together every fantasy rulebook from 1st to 8th, complete with supplements and armies books where appropriate. The binding course is costing me £150, to get 3rd ed rebound (The pages weren't in gathers) would have been about £250 from the same guy. 4th onwards are easier to rebind as the pages are already in gathers.

Suber

Stormbringer":371gujle said:
Very, very impressive. I wonder how much it cost.

Any details on this particular book-binder?

I can ask my friend, for sure (but I guess it won't be particularly cheap, it's all hand made with actual stuff, not synthetic imitations :grin: ). I believe the book-binder has some professional relationship with my friend, he has produced a few RPGs and I believe the latest one will have some collector's edition using this very format.

wachinayn

Hi everybody!

I'm the "friend", owner of the unholy tome. :)

On your questions about the binder... As suber said, I've a professional relationship (I publish RPGs) with the binder and he's also a friend of mine, so I was able to force him to make this book on the cheap. However, he also has a webshop where he offers his skills. The bad news is that it's in Spanish (language barrier!) and in Spain (postage barrier!), but if you're interested I can talk to him or give you an email where you can write, since he understands English.

About the tome contents... I'm afraid I'm a child of the red rea. :oops: I've played a lot of RT and some Fantasy 3rd, but I prefer the next iterations of these rulebooks better. All considered, it is just a personal preferrence, and I tend to mix and match with rules from other versions or games. As suber can attest, rules are never the most important thing in our games. :lol:

And, by the way, it seems that suber finally convinced me to post here... Better introduce myself. ;)

Suber

wachinayn":10x96iim said:
And, by the way, it seems that suber finally convinced me to post here... Better introduce myself. ;)

I should feel guilty about i... Naaaah :lol:

wachinayn":33v3zn38 said:
About the tome contents... I'm afraid I'm a children of the red rea. :oops: I've played a lot of RT and some Fantasy 3rd, but I prefer the next iterations of these rulebooks better. All considered, it is just a personal preferrence, and I tend to mix and match with rules from other versions or games. As suber can attest, rules are never the most important thing in our games. :lol:
;)

No need to apologise! I completely agree, I've played lots of RT but for me second edition 40k will always be Oldhammer, and it holds fond memories for me! As an aside.... I looooove what you have done here! I'm jealous!

annagul

An awesome work. All the games we love in a single tome, and what a tome! Wow!

I'm also a child of the "Red Era". For my, W40K 2nd edition and WFB 4th edition are oldhammer. :)

Back