Old miniatures rereleased

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Old miniatures rereleased

Hahahaha. Does anyone actually know him? There'll come a point where one of 3 things will happen:
a) He runs out of money to keep listing stuff that doesn't sell
b)he retires/gets bored/realizes his poor moral stance and gives up on his Wobblehammer money grab
c)he, & most of us too by then, actually dies (not wishing this upon him, I'm not that bad, but mortality catches us all eventually).
This will result in an enormous garage sale where minis are traded for packets of crisps and pocket fluff and the BIN prices on ebay finally recede to realistic values causing a collective sigh of relief followed by rounds of beer being bought by Oldhammerers :lol:
Protist's Works Progressive: Paint-hammer in progress thread, hosted right here on the forums
Lead Hammer is my blog, charting a personal, wandering course through the world of miniatures
Unfortunately I have lost all my photos - since I let my old web-host lapse - I'll get them all back again sometime in the new year :roll:

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Not so sure on either of the last two topics:

Have a look at his feedback - lots of people do buy-it-now amazingly.

Second, re GW reissuing old stuff: there would definitley be a market for a selection of their back catalogue - a limited release of say Old Spiney a.k.a. Great Spined Dragon (they definitely still have the moulds) would be snapped up - pun intended - perhaps with a special numbered certificate - I know how you collectors all love those!

There is a market - & I assume they must be aware of how much some of their old stuff goes for on ebay. They'd just need to be discerning about what they released - and keep it limited.

I hold out more hope that the 3rd Ed Bretonnians moulds are sat in Bryan Ansell's shed, and may one day see the light of day.

Also I read the Chicken Dragon moulds & rights were sold long ago - no idea who to - maybe one day that will surface too!

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Seconded. A Citadel Classics range would be ace. But do they even have the capacity to spin metal anymore? A failcast Spined Dragon would be a terrible thing in all the wrong ways...

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:Seconded. A Citadel Classics range would be ace. But do they even have the capacity to spin metal anymore?

Yes, they do, they still sell a fair amount of metals.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Not sure if it's news to many here, but AA re-released the rest of their stunties:

http://alternative-armies.blogspot.co.u ... e-now.html

Post Sat May 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Six Bob Olley chaos knights from RPE:

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/r ... -3417.html

Post Sat May 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Oh my! I'm liking them. I may have to spend some sheckles next pay day.

Post Sat May 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Yep i have put in a preorder. I have gone a bit Bob Olley mad recently. Going to make a whole chaos army a la Bob...

They also added a couple of spikey chaos hounds.

Post Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 am

Protist wrote: That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

Exactly why you need TROLLS back again. Those Mail Order Trolls were legendary. :) Many a time I got on the phone to someone who knew exactly what codes I needed from my vague description of the kind of part I was after.

Post Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 am

Hope it's OK to mention here and not the crowdfunding section, but it looks like the "Tom Meier's Lizard Warriors/Lesser Troglodytes" set will be availiable from RP/Iron Wind Metals. An hour to go, I'm sure they'll meet this one last goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... ts/1235406
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions