Old miniatures rereleased

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Re: Old miniatures rereleased

Niibl wrote:and some Metal Magic miniatures (the ranges seem incomplete but there are some from C1047, C1048, C1007, C1010,C1011, C1043)

If anyone is ordering from Omni, I need to get in on a single mini (OMF0016, 38mm OGRE W/ TWO WEAPONS, Price: $4.50) - I missed it when I ordered from them a year or so ago and it's the one piece they own that I miss and I can't justify postage for a single model from the US.

Also, take note - there are several fantasy range Metal Magic demons hiding in their Sci-Fi category.

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:03 am

Many thanks to you all, and you're welcome JJ, you brought the idea in the first place ;)

All updated until here.

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:17 pm

And of course the superb (and never out of production since the 80s) Denizen Miniatures

http://www.denizenminiatures.co.uk

Multi-part Dwarves to make you drool

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:51 pm

MarkH wrote:And of course the superb (and never out of production since the 80s) Denizen Miniatures

Remember seeing their ads in Military Modelling years back.
They look really nice figures, Legion Of The Damned are very tempting.
How are they sizewise? Proper 25mm?

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

McYellowbelly wrote:
MarkH wrote:And of course the superb (and never out of production since the 80s) Denizen Miniatures

Remember seeing their ads in Military Modelling years back.
They look really nice figures, Legion Of The Damned are very tempting.
How are they sizewise? Proper 25mm?

Legion of the damned are tiny, def closer to old 25mm.
Image Image

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:47 am

Anyone else read this?

http://www.ironwindmetals.com/d/node/1830

I'm a bit over Kickstarter/crowd funding, but I'm pretty excited to see a chance of anything Tom Meier being back in production.

That, and I wouldn't mind a copy of Chaos Wars. Let's hope it works, unlike RAFM's attempt with Universal Soldier last year :(

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Made me think - imagine if GW did something like that. "We're hoping to re-release all the original RoR sets from the early 80's as the first wave of a re-release of every model for which we still have usable molds/masters". And then I remembered that they aren't specifically a miniature manufacturer but a modern corp. and wouldn't want to dilute their brands and licenses thing.

Part of me prefers old lines to be OOP. The search for a particular mini for less than a pint of beer, or happening across that 'perfect stranger' that you've never seen before, being some of the fun. Part of me wants just a few more models without the hassle of tracking them down :roll:
Protist's Works Progressive: Paint-hammer in progress thread, hosted right here on the forums
Lead Hammer is my blog, charting a personal, wandering course through the world of miniatures
Unfortunately I have lost all my photos - since I let my old web-host lapse - I'll get them all back again sometime in the new year :roll:

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:29 am

Protist wrote:Made me think - imagine if GW did something like that. "We're hoping to re-release all the original RoR sets from the early 80's as the first wave of a re-release of every model for which we still have usable molds/masters". And then I remembered that they aren't specifically a miniature manufacturer but a modern corp. and wouldn't want to dilute their brands and licenses thing.

Thing is, it just wouldn't be financially worth their time investment to do it, it was the main reason they stopped the archive service; no one was buying the old junk.

For all it's bluster, shouting and blogging, Oldhammer is a tiny minority of GW gaming. The vast majority wants new and shiny toys, not old and (subjectively) crap ones.

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:55 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:Thing is, it just wouldn't be financially worth their time investment to do it, it was the main reason they stopped the archive service; no one was buying the old junk.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

dieselmonkey wrote:For all it's bluster, shouting and blogging, Oldhammer is a tiny minority of GW gaming. The vast majority wants new and shiny toys, not old and (subjectively) crap ones.

We may be in the minority, but WE SHALL BE HEARD :o
Protist's Works Progressive: Paint-hammer in progress thread, hosted right here on the forums
Lead Hammer is my blog, charting a personal, wandering course through the world of miniatures
Unfortunately I have lost all my photos - since I let my old web-host lapse - I'll get them all back again sometime in the new year :roll:

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Protist wrote:
dieselmonkey wrote:Thing is, it just wouldn't be financially worth their time investment to do it, it was the main reason they stopped the archive service; no one was buying the old junk.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

dieselmonkey wrote:For all it's bluster, shouting and blogging, Oldhammer is a tiny minority of GW gaming. The vast majority wants new and shiny toys, not old and (subjectively) crap ones.

We may be in the minority, but WE SHALL BE HEARD :o

Having said that, I would *love* it, just because it'd make AlexTwattaway financially (as well as morally) bankrupt.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions