Printing Warhammer Townscapes

weazil

Hi all

I'm lining myself up to print Warhammer Townscapes out. but I'm at a loss as to the gsm weight of the cardboard (or paper, as no one calls it cardboard, I see) that I should use. I can find no useful context to help me understand how thick/stuff/robust a 225 gsm paper is vs. a 270 gsm paper, for instance.

So - to those that have successfully printed actual cardboard - can you tell me what I need? My printer can handle up to 270 gsm - is that too thick? Just right? No chance?

Thanks

Blue in VT

I can't help you with specifics paper weight....but if you have to you can print them out onto regular paper and then use some spray adhesive to mount them to posterboard or even foamcore.

Let us know how you get on...I'll be building a bunch of these this summer myself!

Cheers,

Blue

Zhu Bajie

I hope they're from your own scans and not some dodgy virus-ridden PDFs stolen off the internets :)

270gsm stock will be thin enough to score/bend and give some rigidity. You'll want to reinforce the inside corners whatever you use. The originals were quite a bit thicker than that, maybe 400 IIRC?

Dave Graffam has some nice tips on his site:
http://www.davesgames.net/

Erny

There are two ways to go about this.

Get yourself down Tesco's or the like and buy some white A4 children's craft card. This should go through your printer and at only about a pound a pack will not matter too much if not. If it does work you have a solution and can buy similar card in bulk online.

If you want to go the print to paper route try printing to adhesive paper, its what I use for floor plans that need a good stiff backing. This is easily stuck to thicker card or even foam board for really durable buildings. Of course I'd only do this on IP free buildings.....

DaImp

I did the same as Phreedh, except I stuck them on mounting board (which is a thick cardboard)

Back