Orctober Fest

Blue in VT

Its a small task but I will be attempting complete 5 Ork Boys for my RT Ork squad before the Oldhammer in the NW event.

Good luck all! I love Orctober!

Cheers,

Blue

Jonas

I am painting a few RT Orks right now. Believe it or not, but before that I only ever painted 2 Orcs and they were for a friend. So it is quite interesting painting these models.

Something which has been on my to do list for years.

weazil

HI all

Please note this topic was merged (on request) with the matching thread in the Painting Challenges section started by Fimm McCool.

Fimm McCool

DSCF1067.JPG

My daring plan for the month... that's over 100 models so take it with a pinch of salt! Plan and progress on the blog...

smiler

Loving what I'm seeing guys :) especially those Green Streak 'ooligans! A great way of bring some extra character and fun to a team.

I'm in for a handful of Blood Axe orks, including this warboss who is one of my favourite minis of all time. I love the sheer mass and menace combined with the huge axe!

As a bonus I'm also working on some Crooked Claw goblins and have just started (finally) to paint the Goblin King's Chariot I traded for with OC back when I joined the forum :) here's hoping I can maintain my focus and not get distracted by the huge pile of Infinity minis staring at me accusingly... shut up Geckos, I do love you...

Bane

Love the idea of Orctober, and I'm going to get stuck into Greenskins all month, see my blog for my first foray (I've chosen the same one eyed orc as you, Lord chaotl oml). More to come over the course of the month...

riot

so I work in a school for children with severe behavioural and educational disorders AND Autism,

half asleep this morning I walk up to the board and wrote

"8th Orctober 2014"

Room go's (literally) nuts because I spelt October wrong....... oh well another story to tell at the gaming club on Friday!

riot":120jhmnr said:
so I work in a school for children with severe behavioural and educational disorders AND Autism,

"8th Orctober 2014"

Room go's (literally) nuts because I spelt October wrong....... oh well another story to tell at the gaming club on Friday!

:lol: Orcupational Hazard!

Man what is it with Oldhammer and teachers? There are like a bazillion of you on here at this stage. I am starting to wonder if I am in the wrong career!

phreedh

theottovonbismark":2b07a0zv said:
Man what is it with Oldhammer and teachers? There are like a bazillion of you on here at this stage. I am starting to wonder if I am in the wrong career!
Book nerds! Reading nerdy books! Nerds!

I considered being a teacher too, but turned to software development instead. Sometimes I regret it, but most of the time I'm quite happy that I did.

Erny

riot":aijhaaed said:

"8th Orctober 2014"

But Orctober does have an R in it. What do these kids know anyway? I bet they even forgot to decorate their houses with evil moons and grinning suns..Father Gork won't be bringing them any Squigs.

Aiteal

phreedh":x9ir7wzz said:
Sometimes I regret it, but most of the time I'm quite happy that I did.
As a fellow code monkey with teacher friends I sometimes regret it too
Usually during the summer months for some reason.

Jeff McC

Finished my first Orctober project. 10 mercenary orc archers, Da Daily Rate Boyz, 'cause dey gets paid every day or dey don't do nuffink.

Attachments

• orc mercs.JPG
    orc mercs.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 1,832

Asslessman

Oh my those are lovely, the bright colour clothing is refreshing and that motto and the xplanation is just too good. Orctober, the only event where you get orc unionists !

Erny

Jeff McC":20ei0itz said:
Finished my first Orctober project. 10 mercenary orc archers, Da Daily Rate Boyz, 'cause dey gets paid every day or dey don't do nuffink.

Anyone who believes that 80's/early 90's citadel and marauder do not mix (and there are some) needs only look at this photo.

Nice Orcs Jeff. Nice to see you've got the hang of British yob speak, er GW orc speak too.

phreedh":2wmpjwlc said:
theottovonbismark":2wmpjwlc said:
Book nerds! Reading nerdy books! Nerds!

I considered being a teacher too, but turned to software development instead. Sometimes I regret it, but most of the time I'm quite happy that I did.

i was a teacher for a while too :)

Fimm McCool

I'm a technician... less marking and discipline to cope with!

Made a start on the Bad Moon klan, 20 Deff Kommandos:

IMG_1028.JPG

The colour scheme is based on Larry Hama's Toads from the Bucky O'Hare comic. More on the blog.

Back