Holy Grails - You're most sought miniature(s)?

Harry

Now what I find interesting is that despite the fact that I have more stuff than any right thinking human being ... I own nearly none of the stuff listed in this thread. (Although I am lucky enough have a Dragon masters dragon and a full set of JG Uruks. :grin:) However , I have never really seen the facination of all this unreleased, limited release type stuff. Is it just the wanting something you can't have, that no one else has or is it that you own every other miniature that you ever wanted and it is all that is left?
Anything rare or unreleased I have has been picked up by accident .... when I have bought joblots of old figures or happen to spot something on ebay that no one else has spotted.

The only stupid expensive hard to find stuff I wouldn't mind getting my mits on is:

Unreleased Dwarf knight on the pony
Unreleased MM66 Rieksguard Knights
Original Bugmans Rangers ... Bugmans champion … Not Bugman the guy with the peg leg.
(Didn't even know he exiated until a couple of months ago ... now I want one).

http://imageshack.com/a/img539/6918/vRaaFH.jpg

The rest of my list of "Holy grails" is much more provincial ...

Top of my list for ages was Kremlo and the Dwarf Santa .... because I wanted them for specific games ... but a very fine fellow indeed helped me out with those.

So top of my list now is:
Wizard Samantha Phox ... because I droped something on mine and broke her arms off. :grin:

http://imageshack.com/a/img902/6039/v64k3W.jpg

and the Original Oreons wood Elf archers ... Wood Elf Musician

ardyer

Harry":30hto69c said:
Now what I find interesting is that despite the fact that I have more stuff than any right thinking human being ... I own nearly none of the stuff listed in this thread. (Although I am lucky enough have a Dragon masters dragon and a full set of JG Uruks. :grin:) However , I have never really seen the facination of all this unreleased, limited release type stuff. Is it just the wanting something you can't have, that no one else has or is it that you own every other miniature that you ever wanted and it is all that is left?
Anything rare or unreleased I have has been picked up by accident .... when I have bought joblots of old figures or happen to spot something on ebay that no one else has spotted.

The only stupid expensive hard to find stuff I wouldn't mind getting my mits on is:

Unreleased Dwarf knight on the pony
Unreleased MM66 Rieksguard Knights
Original Bugmans Rangers ... Bugmans champion … Not Bugman the guy with the peg leg.
(Didn't even know he exiated until a couple of months ago ... now I want one).

http://imageshack.com/a/img539/6918/vRaaFH.jpg

The rest of my list of "Holy grails" is much more provincial ...

Top of my list for ages was Kremlo and the Dwarf Santa .... because I wanted them for specific games ... but a very fine fellow indeed helped me out with those.

So top of my list now is:
Wizard Samantha Phox ... because I droped something on mine and broke her arms off. :grin:

http://imageshack.com/a/img902/6039/v64k3W.jpg

and the Original Oreons wood Elf archers ... Wood Elf Musician
I think in a lot of cases, the thing that made GW decide to not release it also gives it character and makes it look fun/cool/etc. A lot of them are flat out ugly models but that ugly makes them unique.

And then there are the models that are awesome and we can't figure out why GW didn't release, like the Mordhiem jester.

i think what i want most at the moment is an RT Ork Battlewagon or two. Not exactly the holy grail, but tricky to find at a price I can afford.

Other than that what i want is the same as everyone else - chaos champions, a palanquin, hybrids, patriarch on throne, snotrooms, and lots of lovely squigs... but affordable :grin:

The Nurgle palaquin is one of my Holy Grials. Chaos champions too, but they are a lot more affordable :razz: And my current interest are Eternal Champion miniatures, very difficult and expensive miniatures.
PD: Last week I found one of my Grials on Evilbay, Thrudd the Barbarian!, 1984 pre-slotta miniature. And a real heavy metal ;)

Willmark

DSCN9483-03.jpg

Actually won it off eBay a number of years ago (about 5) and it shipped... then got lost in the mail.... :(

Willmark":3kdp7b28 said:
DSCN9483-03.jpg

Actually won it off eBay a number of years ago (about 5) and it shipped... then got lost in the mail.... :(

I've actually just destroyed one of those, to turn it into a Dark Elf chariot, albeit it came missing the crew and horses. :oops:

Willmark

dieselmonkey":wjzcnt08 said:
Willmark":wjzcnt08 said:
DSCN9483-03.jpg

I've actually just destroyed one of those, to turn it into a Dark Elf chariot, albeit it came missing the crew and horses. :oops:
I think a part of me just died...

You could have gone for one of these:
http://www.sodemons.com/rhrare/dechariot/

But I'm guessing near impossible to find... ;)

For me it's the limited models from the 3rd Edition scenarios. I have all the other miniatures but can't quite get my hands on Mcdeaths or Hagor etc. Not even Sandra Prangle!

I did have that wood elf chariot but alas, as with most of my original collection my mother threw it away the day I left for university. .. sad times

Tex

Tough one
Thanks to ebay and other online sources I now own a pile of minis I could have only dreamt of back in the day
There are some that keep eluding me, though, such as the Giant Hill Troll sculpted by Kevin Adams and the dwarf wizard carrying a frog, to name but two of those I really lust after.
I'd really like to own a "chicken dragon", too, mainly because of its rarity and...awkwardness.
But the "Holy Grail" label, to me, belongs to some (probably unreleased) armoured orcs with halberds by Kev I've never seen for sale anywhere (you can just glimpse them in some pictures in the 3rd ed. rulebook and in WD n. 136).

I'd love to get the unreleased space marine standard bearer and marine with guitar. The guitar wielding one was on Ebay not too long ago for something like £400 so well out of my price range.

Ti Pouchon

For me It's not so much the minis but the minis at a good price.
I mean, of course I could go on evilbay right now and get the two epic-scale Angrons I am looking for in 15 mins time... but I could never get myself to pay 50 quid for the pleasure of owning them. It would be no pleasure at all. Getting the sought-after stuff for cheap is my grail.

That said, I have been looking for the "Young Thaumaturgist" (Oh, come now, we all know he's really Banedon) from the Lone Wolf range for quite a while now.

Asslessman

Citadel Collector":29duhgaw said:
I have a handful of wants (mostly super rare) but the king of my wants is this dude:

2headedtroll_zpsf4fdb6c4.jpg

He's my "and I would die a happy man" figure :)

This one must be Braglub or Nuln Spearman levels of rare, fingers crossed for you Steve ^^

phreedh

Asslessman":5g14fp0r said:
This one must be Braglub or Nuln Spearman levels of rare, fingers crossed for you Steve ^^
The fact that Steve's been looking for it as long as I can remember scares me - and gives a hint of the rarity. :grin:

I don't have any single grail figure as such. There are a few Regiments of Renown that I have kind of settled for never completing

The one that tipped Harry off - my quest for the original RR01 champion
rr01_champion1.jpg

Original Grom's Goblin Guard champion and musician
rr03_champion.jpg
rr03_musician.jpg

Mudat's Half Orc officer, champion and musician
rr09_officer.jpg
rr09_champion.jpg
rr09_musician.jpg

The most wanted list wouldn't be complete without a Roborg or Megabot:
150px-Roborg.jpg
150px-Megabot.jpg

I'm not a huge collector, but there are a few things I would like. The most frustrating at this time is this ogre:

6e6e72ce-9344-4535-ac9b-0d33873af6ff_zps8rgz9imr.jpg

I've got the other five, plus the hero. Everyone tells me he's not hard to get, but the only one have found is an overpriced one that's been hanging around eBay for the past year or so.

phreedh":1rk9ygi0 said:
The most wanted list wouldn't be complete without a Roborg or Megabot:
150px-Roborg.jpg
150px-Megabot.jpg

Would this be a good time to point out that there is also an unreleased single-piece casting version of the Roborg? ;)

Unreleased_-_Ork_Megabot.jpg

Back