Holy Grails - You're most sought miniature(s)?

King Arthur

Fellow Oldhammerers!

Out of curiosity (and perhaps in the interest of sharing the pain with like minded Collectors!), within your collections, what miniture(s) are your Holy Grails? Those last few that elude you, the rare gem that you want but have never seen any where for trade or sale :o :(

Mine would be the Runequest Broo 'Two Head' from the Blister Pack release (not the one from the Attack of the Broo boxed set), there are other Broo that are bloody hard to track down, but I have never seen this particular model outside of the Wiki, so I have hope at least that it exists somewhere!!!!!

So, come on and share the pain ;)

Gary

Asslessman

In the list there probably would be :
- the marauder venators
- The Helmawr gangers
- The chaos battle ram
- The asscannon

I could probably think of more but that would only make the pain worse since I'll probably never lay my hands on any of the ones above...

King Arthur":v7oiupvi said:
Fellow Oldhammerers!

Out of curiosity (and perhaps in the interest of sharing the pain with like minded Collectors!), within your collections, what miniture(s) are your Holy Grails? Those last few that elude you, the rare gem that you want but have never seen any where for trade or sale :o :(

Mine would be the Runequest Broo 'Two Head' from the Blister Pack release (not the one from the Attack of the Broo boxed set), there are other Broo that are bloody hard to track down, but I have never seen this particular model outside of the Wiki, so I have hope at least that it exists somewhere!!!!!

So, come on and share the pain ;)

Gary

Do you mean this one Gary:

RQ_Blister_BR09.jpg

Asslessman

And that would be ?

I have no clue about what it can be honestly (unless a view from the right reveals a sphincter).

The mere thought of a model that is eluding you Steve is frightening me to be honest...

King Arthur

Asslessman":3syf4phi said:
The mere thought of a model that is eluding you Steve is frightening me to be honest...

I second that!

Is it a Tom Meier/Ral Partha Troll? I have seen the sketch on you Blog and the model is a beauty (in pure miniature terms, not that I want to go for dinner for it.....)

Who owns the photo/model then?

Interesting indeed!

axiom

I've been pretty fortunate in tracking down a good proportion of the figures I have wanted. I would still love to get the female eldar ranger and the last unreleased brat I don't have, but top of my list are the set of Jes Goodwin Eldar Exarchs that supposedly didn't get released. Whether they are myth, legend or reality, they will never be part of my collection in all likelihood!

It's an alternative version of Leaping Slomm the chaos troll from the first citadel compendium. This version didnt cast well so wasnt released. This is the common released version (from SOL):

L07A2841-130422-01.jpg

I tried offering my soul to Satan for the unreleased version but he said nope - he couldnt get one for me :(

Asslessman

axiom":3gbld57m said:
top of my list are the set of Jes Goodwin Eldar Exarchs that supposedly didn't get released. Whether they are myth, legend or reality, they will never be part of my collection in all likelihood!

:shock:

Oh god, now I want to see those, I mean I REALLY want to see those...

axiom

I was originally told about them about 8-10 years ago by Steve Mussared who was pretty close to the studio back in the day. He supposedly went to the studio to sit down with Jes and chat about the upscaled resin versions of the Epic Eldar tanks he prototyped under Monolith Designs with the aim of licensing them (the licences ended up going to Epicast / Armorcast etc). Steve said that he was shown a set of Exarchs which had been considered "too fantasy" for 40k.

To this day I'm not sure if the story is true. I actually asked Jes Goodwin about unreleased figures from that era and he was non-committal apart from referencing the gyrinx. There are certainly no photographs I'm aware of :(

Chico

My are:

The 3 Unreleased Genestealer Hybrids/Magi
The Unreleleased/2nd Ed Squats
Tactical Strike Miniatures Not-Squats
MrArsecannon

Jonas

I think my list is something like:

1. Proto Tyranid
2. Money to buy all the not OOP, non rare and readily available miniatures I really want.

I think my main problem these days is more about getting something done with it all. I already have so many old and strange miniatures waiting for paint and gaming time.

Back