In-production Rogue Trader alternatives

I'm new here.

Just wanted to point out the Rogue Stars line of miniatures:

5657.jpg

5610.jpg

6089.jpg

I haven't had a chance to play the game, but the models look like they'd fit right in with Rogue Trader figures.

Foxhound

I see a few references in this thread to sci-fi stuff from Black Tree Designs, particularly some really cool Squatalikes (ex-Harlequin seemingly). I can't see any sci-fi stuff on the current BTD site at all - does anyone know what happened to them? Am I just not seeing something obvious?

Wolfie65

If you like the 80s/early 90s look, check out this Russian company: www.tehnolog.ru
Ordering from them is rather clunky, they are NOT set up for international business, you have to email them a list of what you want, convince them that you really are serious about ordering (no joke) and they will send you an invoice. You'll be shocked by how cheap they are and how cheap shipping is.
The figures are large, about 40 mm, their 'Fantasy Battle' line are 54 mm, limited number of poses, but very old school.
A smaller selection is also available - and easier to order - from www.souldark.ru .

MrBlipvert

I panicked when I couldn't initially find them but--phew! There they are! Two ranges that have caught my eye as a fan of skirmish level W40k: RT and OTT WFRP adventures.

Diehard Miniatures have a Sci-Fi range with space orcs (f'rex), froggy/ newty "Eru-Kin" (f'rex), bounty hunter robots (f'rex), undead spacemen, and some law enforcement officers who look a lot like ... well, someone from a famous comic from around 2000AD. ( ;) ) Their Fantasy range, meanwhile, has undead, "South American" lizardmen, mutants, imps, and more "Eru-Kin." You can search their catalog by "Chaos," "Dark Elf," etc--and they even have a couple of dreadful 1980s puns. (Roland Ratman? Cad Van Cleef-Outlaw?)

Knightmare Miniatures have both SF and Fantasy ranges which bear a ... <polite cough> a style which is highly evocative of a certain favourite minis manufacturer that we know and love and their ranges from the 1980s.

MrBlipvert

Has anyone mentioned ...

Crooked Dice's Colony 87 range? (I think it's a nice blend of Classic RT + Mœbius but YMMV.)

crooked-dice-colony87-Wave-Add-Ons2.jpg

... Astropolis? (Formerly sold by the Lead Adventure Forum but now at Miniaturicum; RT + City of Lost Children?)

astro-01-captain-of-astropolis-1.jpg

MrBlipvert

And a bit later than RT in vibe (what edition had the Praetorians?), Wargames Atlantic's Death Fields range of plastic miniatures. (24 for a about $35.) Here are their "Bulldogs" --

BulldogsGroup1.jpg

(I must admit that I don't like the look of these as much as the Victoria's Miniatures ranges but they certainly seem like a nice deal. And the "Cannon Fodder" army has male and female troops.)

Back