In-production Rogue Trader alternatives

Jonas

The Excalibur miniatures scale up real fine with old Rogue Trader lead. I have some of their miniatures in my lead mountain. Just painted an Amazon from them.

cheetor

I have a small number of Exacalibur miniatures that I picked up in some online sale or other about a decade ago. They are quite cheesy and fit in with my notions of 40K very nicely, by and large.

Four A Miniatures has a nice and eclectic range, with quite a few miniatures suitable for 40k. ALF for example. Competitively priced too.

SAM_0349.JPG

SAM_0829.JPG

FOURAMINIATURESSNOW(1).JPG

100_2309.JPG

area23

Yesterday this little Canadian company released these cyclopean space chickens. Reminds me of Junkwaffel or the first Ninja Turtle comics. The kind of crazyness in line with the original Squats, imho. What if the Kroot were invented in the Eighties. :grin:

chickens-group-01.jpg

More here, also three alien Hare snipers:
http://interloperminiatures.com/minis/

cheetor

area23":u6bllcyr said:
Yesterday this little Canadian company released these cyclopean space chickens. Reminds me of Junkwaffel or the first Ninja Turtle comics. The kind of crazyness in line with the original Squats, imho. What if the Kroot were invented in the Eighties. :grin:

Those are right up my street. Bob Olley space chickens with anti-robot armament? Fuggeddaboutit.

Im hearing Foghorn Leghorn accents from those guys.

Asslessman

My love of oversized cocks has not to be proved now, having a bunch of warriors running to battle screaming "COCORICO" is just too tempting...

cheetor

theottovonbismark":3rb9bc9u said:
I'll ave those chickens and all.

Shipping three packs (six chickens and three rabbits) from Canada to the Emerald Isle cost $10 USD/€6.70 Seán. Very reasonable.

Nice eads up area23 :)

I never even heard of those RAFM cyborks until you posted about them Thark Warrior. Fun looking guys.

Asslessman

Surprised you wouldn't opick some of the lizards Paul, they have that pulpcharm which could go very well with a certain piscean warrior

lizards-group-02.jpg

lizards-group-01.jpg

creature_from_the_black_lagoon2.jpg
creature-from-the-black-lagoon-remake-13.jpg

cheetor

Asslessman":16d4zty7 said:
Surprised you wouldn't opick some of the lizards Paul, they have that pulpcharm which could go very well with a certain piscean warrior

I was tempted to buy the entire range to be honest. Cash is an issue but I have a box full of Goloth from Studio Miniatures that need painting before I buy any more space lizards.

In fact, they are worth mentioning in this thread anyway as I think that they would be rather cool as muscle for some Space Slann (if I had any Space Slann). They are available from Hasslefree and from Studio Miniatures (and other sources I assume).

SMGO001%20Goloth%20Battle%20Squad%20web.jpg

SMGO002%20Goloth%20Havildars%201%20web.jpg

attachment.php

Between the Goloth and the Judge Dredd Kleggs I have enough Space Lizards ( I have some spare Goloth in fact). I have to draw the line somewhere, even though its difficult.

cheetor

whiskey priest":2ufjnf8e said:
I'm soooooooooo tempted by those big cocks though!

Story of my life etc. Im here all week, tip the waitresses etc :roll: :lol:

I like the idea of one of those cocks in a unit of totally straight faced Catachans or similar. Just another badass who happens to be an anthropomorphic chicken, doing his duty, kicking ass and taking names. And scratching in the dirt for grit to aid digestion.

Asslessman

cheetor":3uf3zmdq said:
I like the idea of one of those cocks in a unit of totally straight faced Catachans or similar. Just another badass who happens to be an anthropomorphic chicken, doing his duty, kicking ass and taking names. And scratching in the dirt for grit to aid digestion.

That would be my approach too and therefore would only need one of them really.

That or making a space zoo unit with a bunch of antromorphic beasts to make a sort of "island of Dr moreau" team of space adventurers...

cheetor

Asslessman":e872y9cd said:
That would be my approach too and therefore would only need one of them really.

I have six chicken miniatures due, but I think that a squad size of five will be more that enough for my purposes. If there is a duplicate sculpt in the pack I will drop you a line JB.

Asslessman":e872y9cd said:
That or making a space zoo unit with a bunch of antromorphic beasts to make a sort of "island of Dr moreau" team of space adventurers...

Thats how I see Radical Ordo Xenos warbands: an excuse to paint fun, pulpy alien types and get them on the table. It beats seeing yet another group of Space Marines, thats for sure.

zoidberg6.jpg

brain1wearetheworld.jpg

Asslessman

cheetor":23pkzv7z said:
I have six chicken miniatures due, but I think that a squad size of five will be more that enough for my purposes. If there is a duplicate sculpt in the pack I will drop you a line JB.

Now THAT sounds interesting, throwing a Klegg and and a chicken warrior with others in the same band (Did I mention the space skelly coming my way) definitely beats the A-team...

cheetor":23pkzv7z said:
Thats how I see Radical Ordo Xenos warbands: an excuse to paint fun, pulpy alien types and get them on the table. It beats seeing yet another group of Space Marines, thats for sure.

Amen to that :grin:

Back