Oldhammer In The New World - Baltimore Games Day Oct 25-26th

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat May 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Re: Oldhammer In The New World - Baltimore Games Day Oct 25-

So I was going over my stuff. Its mostly Rogue Trader.

Genstealers, Orks, Marines, Humans, and I have all the Rogue Trader Books. I also have some non-oldhammerers in my regular gaming group interested in the event who could pitch in their free labor for game testing.

So what i'm saying is.... i've got everything needed to run a Rogue Trader game. If Blue can't do it, then I volunteer.
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

http://heofthreenames.blogspot.com/

Post Sat May 17, 2014 6:20 pm

What I was hoping to do is run a small boarding action skirmish on my soon to arrive battle systems terrain. So this wouldn't be a traditional table top battle. But I have yet to receive the terrain or work out any rules adjustment for battling inside a ship....I hope to do that this summer.

Of course also just happy to show up and play in other peoples games...so I'm adaptable.

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Sat May 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Blue in VT wrote:What I was hoping to do is run a small boarding action skirmish on my soon to arrive battle systems terrain. So this wouldn't be a traditional table top battle. But I have yet to receive the terrain or work out any rules adjustment for battling inside a ship....I hope to do that this summer.

Of course also just happy to show up and play in other peoples games...so I'm adaptable.

We could both run a game. I don't see me running the same game over and over for two days. Plus that gives us the chance to enjoy other games. The ieda just popped in my head to today, but I was thinking of my game running about an hour and a half. What do you think?
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Hey gang, that was one of the reasons I was trying to get games "scheduled" so we could have something going on most of the day (with breaks for beer and vittles of course!) I am hoping to get a series going, so even if you game runs from say 2-4:30, you could still see the 1-3:30 game and a later game (or even get in if you can). The Siege will be a bigger, longer one, but will also be a huge table. Warbands will be on the opposite day, and also be rather big (think Rusty has a 5x10 table for it coming). So Blue could do siege or something, and then also do his game on the other day. or whatever. I was planning Siege Sat (because of the time) and then Warbands Sunday....but some have mentioned they want Sat Warbands (because more can make it all day). So we might start Siege early and then Warbands at night, and then maybe another warbands on Sunday.......this is ALL conjecture. I'm kinda hoping people come forward with games (thanks you two~! ;) ) and then we can all work it out so we get to do what we want.....kinda the point, and we have 5 months to get them together. I also assume we will have some pick up 3rd games as well......so hopefully it will be a nice long day of gaming. Hoping my special guests will be coming sat afternoon/evening and we can try to do dinner or after hours with them and talk all about old GW....(they both worked extensively on WFRP and Flame Publication stuff, so can fill in a lot of the background questions).

One other thing....you may want to plan just a little longer as some of the gamers will not know the old school rules (or they will forget them in the heat of battle), so a little extra time may help make sure everything gets done...But I am VERY excited someone is running some RT, I'm looking forward to that, and I can bring some really old school marines and guard with me for others to play....

Post Sun May 18, 2014 4:24 pm

I am at the very beginning of coming up with the RT scenario and I have a friend making a table for me. The plan is to run it for 1-2 hours maybe twice over the course of the weekend. No one in my current group has played anything other than modern 40k and fantasy, so I will have a good test group of gamers to playtest for me. I hope to get a test game in next week.

Once I have a better idea of how long the scenario will run I will send you the details.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 am

Okay, here a draft of the rules, what does everyone think? I'd like to iron out the kinks with community involvement :lol:

1) Any miniatures from any manufacturer (subject to later rules) and in any genre

can be entered. However, all models should fit the spirit of “Oldhammer” as set by First

through Third Editions of Warhammer and First Edition Warhammer 40,000 (Rogue

Trader). However, do not be afraid to incorporate modern miniature painting aesthetics

into your model!

2) All models must be “single figure.” There is no formal definition for a single

figure, but a good rule of thumb would be that the entire model fits within a 40mm

square base. In other words, no large monsters or war machines, but models mounted

on horses (or small monsters like wolves), ogres, and even two-man weapon teams will

probably be fine. The actual base of the model must be reasonable, and display bases

are allowed.

3) All models must be brought in person to the Oldhammer Day North America

event (but not necessarily be the owner). Further, any models entered by someone

other than the painter must enter it in the painter’s name and with the painter’s

permission.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 am

Thanks for updating the painting contest rules, I think they're very open and won't hamper anybody's creativity so thanks to Mr Ardyer for putting them together for all of us it's very much appreciated.
In regards to the siege game, is this an "open game" for everyone to join? I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I had some ideas
it would be great for people to sign up for the good or evil side and bring a single unit/character worth between 250-350pts, with two "team captains" predetermined beforehand charged with creating their side's general and entourage We could aim for 3k of evil siegers, and 1k of good besieged? Maybe at the end of turn 6 or so a goodly relief force could enter on a random table edge worth a further 1k? It would give the evil players the impetus to get moving quickly or hypothetically face rear charges!
I would really like to run a game, the problem being mainly transporting everything there via airplane. I'm not sure how it would go over but I've run introductory games for third ed more than a few times. If the interest is there I'd be more than willing to run a skirmish based intro game on Saturday and maybe on Friday evening to help everyone get a grasp of the rules before the serious gaming starts up!
I'm going to try my best to transport 3k of skaven down so if someone wants to play a game at that points value I'm down, so long as it doesn't interfere with the siege or war bands games!

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:04 pm

OK, does anyone have any ideas on the hotel front? Also, thinking we should plan something for the evening.

Also, those who are thinking of presenting the RT games, drop me a note at bshrode13_at_hotmail.com.

Doing some stuff but should have the scenario for warbands up before too long (hopefully by Tuesday night)

More soon!

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:17 pm

I think that I have decided to step back from running a game...I would like to concentrate on playing and meeting everyone...plus I may fly so I don't want to be commuted to bringing more than I can carry on the plane. I would love to participate in the siege game and at least one RT game at a minimum.

Can you flesh out the ideas for the siege game a bit Blake?

I hope to have a sizable chaos dwarf force ready to defend/attack as needed...:)

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Hey Blake! What's the word? Any movement on the planning? Let me know what I can do to help!

Blue
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions