Jes Goodwin?

smiler

Does anyone on this forum have any contact details for Jes Goodwin? Or do they know anyone who can contact him?

I'm asking on behalf of Patrick Stuart (not that one) of the False Machine blog. Patrick has recently been doing some interesting posts on the subject of miniatures as examples of design and sculpture including an interview with the lead designer of Hawk Wargames and some ideas around the importance of the back of a wargames miniature (here and here).

He also wrote an extensive interview for Jes that I would certainly like to hear the answers to if Jes has the time and inclination.

Thanks for any help :)

Zhu Bajie

Jes has popped a few comments on a couple of blogs (mostly the INQ:28 scene) and I had a brief exchange with him about haircuts - blogger user-name "jes g", but to be honest if I wanted to contact him directly I'd send a nice letter to his place of work.

smiler

Thanks for the reply.

I've no idea where he works these days, does he still work for GW? Could you link to any of the blogs?

axiom

Yep, Jes still works at GW on Nottingham. His online presence is virtually non-existent, and I believe current GW staff are dissuaded from giving interviews as a direct result of the Chapterhouse case; interview material was used as evidence against GW.

smiler

Hmmm, that could definitely be an issue :/

Maybe I'll try contact him through GW, it's worth a try.

Blue in VT

axiom":1fv9dv16 said:
Yep, Jes still works at GW on Nottingham. His online presence is virtually non-existent, and I believe current GW staff are dissuaded from giving interviews as a direct result of the Chapterhouse case; interview material was used as evidence against GW.

I found this out when I approached Aly Morrison about a possible interview...he turned me down for those very reasons...very nicely though... :grin:

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT":34b98znm said:
axiom":34b98znm said:

I found this out when I approached Aly Morrison about a possible interview...he turned me down for those very reasons...very nicely though... :grin:

Cheers,

Blue

When you said the staff are dissuaded, this image sprung to mind for some reason...

Emperor_Imperial_Palace_Rogue_Trader.jpg

smiler

theottovonbismark":10ft9hjt said:
Blue in VT":10ft9hjt said:
axiom":10ft9hjt said:

Cheers,

Blue

When you said the staff are dissuaded, this image sprung to mind for some reason...

Emperor_Imperial_Palace_Rogue_Trader.jpg

Haha awesome :)

I'm going to have to chat with Patrick and see what he wants to do to follow this up I think. It seems writing to him care of GW may be the only (if slight) hope.

mbh

smiler":2m9gr10g said:
Does anyone on this forum have any contact details for Jes Goodwin? Or do they know anyone who can contact him?

I'm asking on behalf of Patrick Stuart (not that one) of the False Machine blog. Patrick has recently been doing some interesting posts on the subject of miniatures as examples of design and sculpture including an interview with the lead designer of Hawk Wargames and some ideas around the importance of the back of a wargames miniature (here and here).

He also wrote an extensive interview for Jes that I would certainly like to hear the answers to if Jes has the time and inclination.

Thanks for any help :)

I think I'm too dumb to appreciate that blog post

Back