A revival

R4dly

Hi all,
I used to collect 40k in the 90's, Blood Angels and Tyranids. I've come back to modelling during lockdown and intend to stay so I want to invest in some 40k stuff again. I really wanted to build an Imperial Guard army but looking at GW now the offerings are pretty poor.

Whats the deal now, it seems unless you love space marines there's not a lot on offer. I found a list of the 80 best alternatives to GW...80!! In 1998 there was maybe one and you were so lucky if you had a different pair of legs from somewhere. Now the offerings are just mental.

So where do I begin? Im assuming GW still wont let you play with other companies models but they don't really make any, the cadians and the catachans haven't aged a day since 96, no desert fighters any more, nothing colonial looking at all.

So does anyone collect Imperial Guard and what army so you collect? What do people think of the third party figures and are they acceptable? Should I forget it and dive into space marines?

If you want to collect Guard, Victoria Miniatures is a great place to start. Vic makes modular Guard substitutes that fit in with the old 90's era Catachan, Valhallan, Mordian etc Guard types. There's the added bonus in that the arms she makes will also fit on old RT metal IG models that had plastic arms, or even modern Cadians.

These are some of her arms that I used on RT era penal troopers, for example:

IMG_5299.JPG

R4dly

dieselmonkey":3s7l2ur8 said:
If you want to collect Guard, Victoria Miniatures is a great place to start. Vic makes modular Guard substitutes that fit in with the old 90's era Catachan, Valhallan, Mordian etc Guard types. There's the added bonus in that the arms she makes will also fit on old RT metal IG models that had plastic arms, or even modern Cadians.

These are some of her arms that I used on RT era penal troopers, for example:

IMG_5299.JPG

Thanks very much seems like a solid place to start

Back