Anyone in Japan? G.Stealer hybrid needed for project

Tubehead

Hi there,
I've been commissioned to sculpt greens for what will eventually be a set of metal arms suitable for use with these often armless Bob Olley genestealer hybrids...
QncAQkX.jpg

My trouble is that I live in Niigata, Japan and I don't own any of these hybrids.
Ordinarily I would go to ebay and simply buy one and have it shipped here, but because of covid-19 international post service to Japan is running quite slow. For the sake of my customer I'd like to get this project going as soon as possible.
I could just sculpt some 28mm sized arms, but I need to do the best possible job... Ideally, I'd like to do multi-part arm sets that will match up neatly and perfectly when a hybrid holds his weapon in both hands, etc, but if I can't find at least one 'test subject' to work with, the exact geometry of how the shoulders match up to the arms will remain a mystery and the final results won't be as nice as they might've been. Even samples of the old arms would be better than nothing.
So if you live in Japan and have an extra hybrid laying around, would you be good enough to send me a private message? I'm happy to negotiate for it and I shall see about getting you at least one or two free sets of the arms when they become ready.
Thanks very much,
- James

I have a brother stationed in Okinawa. Maybe if I mail it to his APO address, it will be faster than normal international post, and he can mail it to you.

Tubehead

Tauntaun Scout":1kkt2s24 said:
I have a brother stationed in Okinawa. Maybe if I mail it to his APO address, it will be faster than normal international post, and he can mail it to you.

PM sent! Thank you!

Unfortunately I don-t live in Japan so can-t help there.

I would recommend getting hold of at least one early generation hybrid and one late gen, because what matches one may not match another. There is some variation in width across the shoulders and the shape surrounding shoulder joint etc.

Happy sculpting!

Tubehead

weismonsters":131s5s33 said:
Unfortunately I don-t live in Japan so can-t help there.

I would recommend getting hold of at least one early generation hybrid and one late gen, because what matches one may not match another. There is some variation in width across the shoulders and the shape surrounding shoulder joint etc.

Happy sculpting!

Ack! That's a good point. Also it looks like the Space Crusade plastic 'Stealer hybrids have broader shoulder mounts than the others...
Well, if I just get a set of all the arms that were originally available I can use the original shape of the shoulder mounts on those since they served back then...
Thanks Weismonsters!

Tubehead":22uaiou8 said:
Well, if I just get a set of all the arms that were originally available I can use the original shape of the shoulder mounts on those since they served back then...
Thanks Weismonsters!

Ah if only that were the case... Unfortunately the plastic arms were designed to fit the plastic hybrids and the second generation of metal purestrains. They are a bit too big for the Olley hybrids and the shoulder joint does not match up in many cases.
The plastic imperial guard arms worked ok, but needed some trimming around the shoulder.

The best fit I can find are the acolyte and neophyte plastic arms from the current range, but again, some trimming is needed.

Still have to dig them up but I am 99% sure I can send you like, a plastic hybrid, 2 metal hybrids, and at least one unpainted plastic Genestealer and Imperial Guard arm.

Tubehead

Tauntaun Scout":1xys8i2f said:
Still have to dig them up but I am 99% sure I can send you like, a plastic hybrid, 2 metal hybrids, and at least one unpainted plastic Genestealer and Imperial Guard arm.

That's simply amazing. :) Thanks so much! I'll do my best to help with the project you've asked for assistance with in return!
People like this make the world better. :grin:

Back