Alternate Dark Elves?

knobgobbler

I need a plausible force for my burgeoning Slann army to fight against.

I'd rather have it be locals than some Old World faction... though Tilean explorers is tempting.
Amazons would be great, but I've got none of them.
I do have some of the old Dark Elves from The Wayback, and they are nice... but I've only got a few, and they seem to be going for big prices on the usual sites.
So, not being a purist... what might be a source for some weirdo elves that are properly evil in intent?
Most of what I've been able to find are single character figs, not expansive lines with many options.

Any suggestions?

Black Tree have a smallish range of Shadow Elves that are suitably old school in look and fairly cheap (they're currently on sale for about a week so they're about £1.50 each)

fa0421_1024x1024.png

https://eoeorbisuk.com/collections/fantasy/range_shadow-elves

The whole fantasy section is worth a look, some good old-school ranges in there.

Zhu Bajie

Good character models and skirmish-party Dark Elves plenty Otherworld Drow, but rank and file seem pretty scarce and ropey.

Mirliton have most of the types required for a WFB army, including these chaps:

DE001.jpg

Mood I'm in at the moment would be to kitbash a bunch of plastic Historical Late Saxons, Normans or other long chain-mail historical figures (victrix?) mix with Oathmark Elf Infantry and stick those crests to the fronts of their helmets, and some flared shoulderpads, maybe get some Dark Eldar heads as well.

knobgobbler

Thanks for suggestions.
I do quite like those Mirliton/ex-Grenadier fellows.
Someone also reminded me of the strange gothic elves from Foundry/Warmonger.

I could just go completely off the reservation and convert some Native American figures...

knobgobbler

Turns out the old Dark Elves are quite as prohibitive in price as I'd thought... as long as I avoid certain sellers on the auction sites.
It will take a while but I should be able to build a suitable force.

I want to add some trolls as... allies? mercenaries? bestial host? Big hairy yeti types or savage looking frost trolls... I'm still shopping for likely figures.
I also wanted a dragon for one of the heroes to ride... or rather a wyvern. So I settled on the old orc war wyvern, since I already have one and like its looks over what came later. I just need to figure out what dark elf rider to put on it... either a sorceress or a leader type.

And... of course it now occurs to me that in addition to fighting my Slaan, having Dark Elves give me an excuse to start looking at collecting regular elves to throw at them...
Reading Richard Halliwell's fluff about the Witch Elves invading Rrinnhasha helped push that notion.

Back