Happy New Year!

Thantsants

Just thought I'd wish all of you all the best for the New Year.

Got a quiet one planned for myself - a few posh dishes for dinner, a bottle of Bollinger I got for my Birthday, a bottle of St Aubin to go with the food, a nice bottle of Brandy that I got for Christmas for afterwards and a nice bit of cheese, and, oh yeah - best not forget the Missus! :mrgreen:

As for resolutions - I suppose tomorrow is as good a day as any to start my Golden Gobbo entry!

Best get on with the Lamb Tartare we're having as a starter or something else might get tartare'd... :shock:

bug16

Having spent the last few days visiting relatives I'm having an exciting night in tonight with 'er indoors and lots of lovely beer. Assuming my head isn't too bad tomorrow I've got a huge pile of figures to clean up and base.

I've been exceptionally slow with my Golden Gobbo entry and I'm still not sure how I'm going to paint the thing (beyond the obvious of using brushes and paint ;) ).

Happy New Year all! :)

Zhu Bajie

Yeah! We started a new tradition, the New Year Dragon. It comes down the chimney and leaves biscuits for Little Zhu in a cardboard egg.

Happy New Year to all.

Thantsants

New beer - that's what I need. Definitely no more brandy though... :mrgreen:

Zhu - I like the sound of the New Year dragon!

Bug - think I might get round to my entry this afternoon...

Ti Pouchon

And a belated, yet heartfelt "happy new year" to all!

Did much the same as the esteemed Thantsants: preparing a posh dinner, followed by cheese and the traditional 'Oracle of lead'. Lamb Tartare for starters, though.... never heard of it. Soup, then salad, then fish, then meat. Fun was had by all, though I had to finish all the booze, since the guests insisted on going by car. On New Year's! Don't I know some real party animals?

Now it's time for new year's resolutions concerning old lead:

I.) Complete at least two Blood Bowl projects.
Currently, there are six:

Chaos/Nurgle (37): 22 done, 15 to go.

Undead (38): 23 done, 15 to go. No, wait, I'm going to redo the Ghouls. So 21 done, 17 to go.

Greenskins & Rats (63): 35 done, 28 to go.

Chaos Dwarf (24): 18 done, 6 to go. Hey, that one looks doable. Unfortunately, my days as a Chaos Dwarf coach are over and the finally 'really finished' team would just sit pretty in the showcase. Work on teams that actually do get played would be much preferred.

Elf (28): 0 done, 28 to go.

Dwarf (26): 0 done, 26 to go.

II.) Force myself to make progress by making WIP posts, boring the good people of Oldhammer forum with pics and boasts about finished minis and grandiose plans.

III.) Only buy new stuff once old stuff is finished.
To be resolved on a one-to-one ratio: one painted mini opens the door for a new one. Trades are okay, though. So is selling unpainted stuff to make room for new stuff yet to be painted.

IV.) Exception to III.): The Bob Olley Trolls. Need to source at least two. Should occasion arise to do so, one-for-one rule can be voided.

V.) Pluck up the courage to compete in a Golden Gobbo competition and take ensuing utter defeat in stride.

Back