New oldschool halflings -Rooster Riders released!

I hope this is the appropriate place, otherwise please move the thread to where it belongs, but I thought I'd show the latest sculpts for my private old school model project.

These are the last of the (6) Halfling core infantry sets (for now at least), sculpted by Juan Montano.

First, the finished singlepart archers:

archers.jpg

Secondly, the command set. A mix of singlepart and multipart figures.

Halfling Captain with warhammer:

hcom1.jpg

Halfling Captain with greatsword and interchangeable head option:

hcom5.jpg

Standard bearer with interchangeable hand (open or beermug), head and standard top (rooster or pig):

hcom3.jpg

Musician n° 1 (singlepart), fifer:

hcom2.jpg

Musician n° 2 (singlepart), drummer:

hcom4.jpg

The separate bits:
- 3 heads that fit on the captain with greatsword and standard bearer bodies
- an alternate standardpole hand that can turn any of the initial multipart rank and file set into an alternate standardbearer
- 2 top icons for the standard poles (rooster and pig)
- a bottle, open hand, and beermug hand for the standard bearer body

hcom6.jpg

Hope you like them.

olean

Re: New halflings

Fantastic! Landsknecht halflings is the ultimate combination (dwarves excepted, of course).

Penddraig

Like these a lot. Ever thought of doing some Halflings with slings 'cos I can't find anywhere!

Hmmm. I'll think about it. Meanwhile, here are some crappy pictures of the other 4 sets:

1157538_216957861801522_1222149851_n.jpg

1468613_241794192651222_797980213_n.jpg

1466177_242141225949852_113058240_n.jpg

And the halfling bard:
1489020_258260664337908_956114106_n.jpg

olean

Yes, yes, I know all about your excellent dwarves, WK! One of these days I'll get around to ordering some to complement my old Marauder ones...

Concerning slings: wouldn't the upper of those two rows of halfling bodies in the bits picture make great slingers with just a simple hand+sling-bit added? And perhaps a bag of stones? The heads could be turned to the side and then the miniatures would have a quite decent slinging/standing ready pose?

No worries. Copies of the bard will be available. Probably next month. :)

Yes, I can see how those slinger conversions could work. I'll look into it after I got this lot moulded and cast up.

A band of halflings died in cursed lands under the most horrible torture possible for a halfling, so terrible it animated their soulless husks and brought them back from the dead. These halflings died HUNGRY...

Image2.jpg

Sculpted by Mick Darpa, these zombie halflings are always hungry and will form a shambling horde that stops at nothing to snack on your limbs or brains. The ultimate goal is to have, over time, a set of zombie versions of each race in my private project, including dwarfs, goblins, humans, sea elves and maybe more.

The Choker:

halfling_zombie__1_by_mickdarpa-d671e4w.jpg

The Reacher:

halfling_zombie__3_by_mickdarpa-d76qx7n.jpg

The Split Personality:

halfling_zombie__4_by_mickdarpa-d76qz1i.jpg

The Snacker:

halfling_zombie__5_by_mickdarpa-d76qzv0.jpg

The Dancer (This is Thriiiiillllleeeeer):

Halfling_zombie__2.jpg

Naagruz

Re: New halflings - Zombies added (20/2)

Oh nice! Now there's some midgets I can make use of. Zombies for every race would be excellent. ;)

Blue in VT

As I have said elsewhere I think these are fantastic beyond belief!

Excellent work on bringing these to fruition WK...anytime frame for release...or will you be waiting to have some of each race done before casting?

Blue

cheetor

Wow. This is a great thread overall, but those living impaired halflings are off the charts.

You know who makes has the best minis on the internet? You do WK*!

*well some credit to the sculptor is due I guess :razz: .

I hope to have these available at the same time as the non dead halflings next month.

Back