the cutest thing you've ever seen POP QUIZ ROUND 2!

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun May 19, 2019 3:52 pm

the cutest thing you've ever seen POP QUIZ ROUND 2!

25mm round slotta base. but... red plastic

!?!

Post Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Re: the cutest thing you've ever seen POP QUIZ ROUND 2!

I had some in the mid-90's, almost certainly from a boxed game: space crusade? Tyranid attack? 1st ed space hulk?
The scouts in advanced space crusade came in coloured plastic in some sets, including that red but I can't remember if the bases did too...

Edit: Almost certain it was dungeonbowl/bloodbowl now I think about it

Post Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 am

Blood bowl (2nd Ed) had solid coloured 25mm round bases. Dungeon Bowl (well my copy at least) had grey bases with coloured rings that you snapped around the edge which made the base up to a full 25mm.

Post Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am

Juxt wrote:Almost certain it was dungeonbowl/bloodbowl now I think about it

EricF wrote:Blood bowl (2nd Ed) had solid coloured 25mm round bases. Dungeon Bowl (well my copy at least) had grey bases with coloured rings that you snapped around the edge which made the base up to a full 25mm.

Bravo Sirs!
Thank you both.

I think I'm going to struggle to find a "Round-3" miniature-base challenge to tax ye-oldhammer-minds!
So I'll leave this with the floor. Anybody else with a curious slotta-base in their collection?

Post Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

Advanced Heroquest also has coloured bases.

dhifdjdrd wrote:I think I'm going to struggle to find a "Round-3" miniature-base challenge to tax ye-oldhammer-minds!
So I'll leave this with the floor. Anybody else with a curious slotta-base in their collection?

Did you know that slotta bases are not all identical, and have different numbers on them? Not sure how you might turn that into a challenge :D
Keep Kalm and Pass Kool Tests.

Post Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote:Advanced Heroquest also has coloured bases.

dhifdjdrd wrote:I think I'm going to struggle to find a "Round-3" miniature-base challenge to tax ye-oldhammer-minds!

Did you know that slotta bases are not all identical, and have different numbers on them? Not sure how you might turn that into a challenge :D

Four green ones, intended as substitutes for Skaven characters, mentioned in the rules, if one didn't have access to or didn't intend to buy the appropriate metal miniature. Didn't notice this the first time and assumed these were for the heroes... :roll:

Return to General Discussions