The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

Oh come on Paul, don't let a little thing like prior commitments stop you from joining in the fun! Yeah, I hope to get to BOYL 14 , I'm already negotiating the weekend pass! And i'll bring the Felderberg boys if they get up to a decent size!

Asslessman

The more the merrier ! Just use some of what you already have to paint to join :grin:

One thing I was actually thinking about, what would you think about joining all the contestants at the beginning of the thread so that we see all the warbands started. I think if we could manage to tick every race in this project, it would be even better to prove our point !

A little update on the watch, I'm not happy with the green on the Jacks so i might repaint them. The reds and blues are quite bright as well (i'm trying out my birthday paints!) so might use a brown wash to bring them down a bit.
F7D6860C-9CAD-4BCE-9814-C091517D4700.jpg

Hi!

Looking great so far! Heres my Slann Warband:

Alas still bare metal but I am going to be adding some greenstuff headdresses, loincloths and jewellery to brighten them up a bit before cracking on with the painting this weekend!

All the best!

whiskey priest":20k49v0r said:
A little update on the watch, I'm not happy with the green on the Jacks so i might repaint them. The reds and blues are quite bright as well (i'm trying out my birthday paints!) so might use a brown wash to bring them down a bit.

Chiormaster "Once more with passion lads!"

Felderberger Chior "I am the very model of a modern major general..."

Far too quiet on this thread!

Here are some WIP shots of my contribution. I am working on building some Old Worlder Merceneries using the Perry Miniatures Mounted Men at Arms kit. I have used a couple of the plastic heads from the GW Empire Militia who are currently available. As you can see the Perry minis are pretty Oldhammer friendly.

These models could be used to represent Tilean Condottieri, Estalian Caballeros and many other nations lancers from the old world for that matter.

I am painting them up as impoverished Estalian nobles, (or more likely banditos perhaps pretenders to nobility).

Los Hombres de Lamancha (y mujer)
dsc_0721-e1390391435533.jpg

Belladonna de Lamanchia
dsc_0724-e1390391690723.jpg

dsc_0725-e1390391773189.jpg

Really nice work. The militia heads actually fit quite well. Have you seen the conversions that Captain Blood has been doing over on Lead Adventure?

You're right it is a bit quiet. I'll do a bit of head chopping tonight and get piccies up.

whiskey priest":nd2uq5fz said:
Really nice work. The militia heads actually fit quite well. Have you seen the conversions that Captain Blood has been doing over on Lead Adventure?

You're right it is a bit quiet. I'll do a bit of head chopping tonight and get piccies up.

Jaysus, that's a lot of stuff he has up! Thanks for the link.

Just John

Here'e the first shot of the halflings - 16 are BTD the other 5 are unknown but I picked them up cheap somewhere.

20140122_163529.jpg

Whee! Those plastics are looking the business and I cant wait to see the Halflings painted up!

I've got the first ten of my Slann converted along with a warchief and will get some pics up in the morning!

All the best

Galadrin

Here are my humble beginnings! The Glade Guards are easy to find on eBay. The Harlequin are a little harder to come by, but usually quite cheap when they do surface. These models were around $2 USD each before shipping (so maybe £1.20 or so). I'm always on the lookout for more of these archers, so if you see any please let me know!

Harlequin Wood Elf Archers after their bath.
image_zps11bce9ae.jpg~original

Marauder Glade Guards, circa 1993, after their bath.
image_zpsd7a6b985.jpg~original

Archers primed and ready to go!
image_zps9a0bc3e9.jpg~original

Marauder Glade Guards, washed, based and primed.
image_zps5c5d5b0e.jpg~original

First finished spearman and archer, another project for the day (siege battering ram) and some colour tests for cloaks (assorted Harlequin and GW models).
image_zps5d31cf6c.jpg~original

phreedh

Just John":3qg8yiq2 said:
the other 5 are unknown but I picked them up cheap somewhere.
There are two metal magic (chaps w hats) and two mega minis halflings (bartender and apple muncher?). No idea who front right is though...

Just John

Thanks for that, at least now I know the scale of those companies. Mega minis pictures on the web site really didn't do much for promoting sales did they?

Hi!

Heres my progress so far:

I've added lots of little details with greenstuff to my archer regiment and even got a warchief sorted out too:

Hopefully I should have some stuff painted soon!

All the best

Hi!

They are actually on 20mm round bases! They are quite chunky for 15mm scale and could do as pygmies in 28mm without too much difficulty.

All the best!

Back